Left handed crocheter

Old December 26th 14, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Left handed crocheter

On Sunday, September 9, 2001 9:29:58 AM UTC-4, Robin wrote:
Could anyone or does anyone have a left handed crochet learning book ?
Could anyone teach a left hander how to crochet? I already know the basic
stitch but that's it.

Thanks in advance
Robin

Being lefty I was doing these patterns for Xmas and no matter how I tried I couldn't do the stitch. As in my art when you need to see a mistake but can't view it looking at it dead on, hold the pattern up to a mirror, because all left-handed crocheting is doing right-handed backwards. Finally I got out my pattern books and substituted it for another stitch.

My grandmother was right-handed and how I learn was to sit facing her and watching her do the stitches.

The Best library to have for lefty-handed people is the stitch books that show the picture of the stitches in them in case you need to hold it up to a mirror and read it that way....

The Big Book of Crochet Stitches: Fabulous Fans, Pretty Picots, Clever Clusters and a Whole Lot More Paperback - February 11, 2014 by Rita Weiss (Author), Jean Leinhauser (Author)

Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos Paperback - October 22, 2013 by Sarah Hazell (Author)

220 More Crochet Stitches: Volume 7 (The Harmony Guides) Paperback - January 1, 1999 by The Harmony Guides (Author)

300 Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides, V. 6) Paperback - January 1, 1999 by The Harmony Guides (Author)

The Harmony Guide To Crocheting: Techniques and Stitches Paperback - April 6, 1993 by Debra Mountford (Author)

Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides) Paperback - April 1, 2008 by Erika Knight (Editor)

Harmony Guides: 101 Stitches to Crochet (The Harmony Guides) Cards - September 1, 2008 by Erika Knight (Author)

Crochet Edgings & Trims (The Harmony Guides) Paperback - November 1, 2009 by Kate Haxell (Editor)

Harmony Guides: Crochet Stitch Motifs (The Harmony Guides) Paperback - July 1, 2008 by Erika Knight (Editor)

Harmony Guides: Colorwork Stitches (The Harmony Guides) Paperback - June 1, 2009 by Sharon Brant (Editor)

Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches Paperback - 1986 by James Walters (Compiler, Photographer), Sylvia Cosh (Compiler)

"Harmony" Guide to 100's More Crochet Stitches (Harmony guides) Paperback - July 16, 1992 by Beryl Kempner (Editor)