The latest trend in jewelries......

Old May 22nd 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Default The latest trend in jewelries......

Baaaaaaaa! wrote:
Everyone was getting along swimmingly in rec.crafts.jewelry on or
about Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:50:44 -0700 when philbert33
****ed everything up by saying:

Hey! What's up!
I am quite surprised when i go through the latest trend of
jewelries.It's constantly changing.There is no surety of consistency in
particular design,pattern or material like gold,platinum,diamond etc.
Every one wants to go along with trendy and fancy look.And now a days
diamond ring,platinum bracelets are in more fashion.

I want to know your favorite jewelries so that we can share the good
designs.
Thank you in Advance

I like jewelry that sells!
(And I agree with whats-their-name that I like steampunk too.)
Here's some o'mine: http://omjewelry.net

Sloppy workmanship on the bracelet. Solder pits galore, sloppy hinge
work, poor plating, poorly made rivets, etc.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old May 22nd 10, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

On Sat, 22 May 2010 09:22:54 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

I like jewelry that sells!
(And I agree with whats-their-name that I like steampunk too.)
Here's some o'mine: http://omjewelry.net

Sloppy workmanship on the bracelet. Solder pits galore, sloppy hinge
work, poor plating, poorly made rivets, etc.

Can't argue with Abrasha's comments. Though I'd note that OM did not make the
main bracelet itself. It's the customer's gold filled baby bracelet, lead
solder and all. This is a "repair" job, not a fully new piece. This explains
both why the engraving work is at a somewhat higher caliber than the workmanship
on the hingest/clasp "sizing" area, as well as why the workmanship might not
have been needed to be on a higher plain. No doubt price levels and time
constraints were involved that would not have been were He/She making a whole
new piece rather than simply being asked to make an existing cheap bracelet
larger in size.

However, as to the bracelet, I'd comment that this doesn't really look anything
like what I'd call Steampunk. And as well, the idea that a little rhodium
plating on the catch depressions would slow down wear rates on those high
pressure spots is dreaming. It can slow down minor scratching in the light
contacts which stuff gets in wear, but not if any degree of pressure or force is
involved. Rhodium is hard, yes, but the plating is too thin to give real wear
resistance.

Peter