Spam spam spamity spam

Old February 29th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default Spam spam spamity spam

Ok, amongst the innundation, I have news. I have a new job. It is in
San Francisco. I still have to pass the background check, but baring
that, I will be working in the city in three weeks. I currently live
in Redwood City.

The job, I am excited about. MOVING AGAIN -- can't hardly even think
about. Can't even think about it. Might have to commute until I get
sick and tired of that, then have the desire to move. LOL.

I will also go for three weeks without a paycheck, so I may be selling
things on Ebay again. Will keep you posted.

MUCH LOVE -- Becki
Old February 29th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Default Spam spam New Job

Congrats! on the possible new job. And, having lived and worked in SF, I'd
say don't move! At least not until you're sure you love your new job and
have time to explore where to live in the different communities in SF.
Commute by train or BART (drive or bus to Daly City) -- it's very doable,
and likely to save you lots of rent money. Unless you can find a really good
deal in a livable part of town with good inner-city commute times. We found
the commute times in SF to be just as long as commuting in from out of town.
We also loved the different options for commuting: train, bus, rapid
transit, ferry boat, etc. Good luck!
--
KathyZ

Old March 1st 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

I was really wondering what's happened to RCB. Seems like nothing but ads,
and most of them are NON-Bead related!

Congrats on the new job! What will you be doing? SF sounds very exciting.
I had to admit I'm old enough to remember Michael Doughlas as a young cop in
that show, The Streets of San Fransisco! Lol. I was fairly young, but I
do remember it!

Have never been there myself. Maybe someday!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old March 2nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Hi, Becki,
Congratulations on your new job!! I love San Francisco, it's one of
my two favorite cities in the US!
What kind of job is it?

Patti

Let's try to bring the newsgroup back to us!!!
Old March 3rd 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Blech, moving sucks - but congrats on the new job!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old March 6th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Good advice from all. Mostly I can't stand to move any more, so I
won't unless I must. End of story. I love the city, but I also
really love where I live, and have a lot of friends in San Jose. I
can't stand not seeing my friends down in SJ. They live in Campbell
so I can't really take the train, and I get tired of all that
driving. Tuesday night, I drove from Menlo Park to SJ to have dinner
with a girlfriend, then Weds am had to drive to SF to pick up the
paperwork for my drug test. I'm pretty sure that equals the length of
Ohio. LOLOLOLOLOL. And my car isn't doing too well these days so I'm
minimizing the drive time. BART is exactly my plan -- drive to
Millbrae, BART to the city, then shuttle to work. Good Lord. It is
better than paying $20 a day to park in the city like I did at my last
hospital (and that was with the employee discount!)

I am going to work at one of the hospitals, which I have done much of
in the past. In fact, someone I used to work with called and asked me
to apply for this job. I wasn't even looking at hospitals again.

Great benefits at the medical facilities. I will say I am looking
forward to that. I need some dental work done, some things removed
off my skin -- you know. The stuff you look at and plan to do.
Sometime. Looking forward to getting my health care caught up with
the rest of my life.

I am making a TON of jewelry, but right now it is all for a coworker.
She had me restring (and update) some old beads she owned but didn't
wear, and it sent us on a buying and creating streak that has been
going on for weeks. As soon as I get the rest of her beads made up, I
want to make some things for ME so I can look fly at my new job. (Or,
fresh. I believe the current term is to look fresh. I'm always about
a decade behind).

Thanks all for the comments and congrats. I've been working for a
temp for two years now. It feels good to have a real job again.
Although, I do have to say that I am extremely grateful to have been
working at all. Things are tough in my home state of Ohio these
days. Ever since I moved to California, I have been employed. That
is a huge blessing all by itself.

MUCH LOVE -- Becki

Old March 6th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

On Mar 3, 2:58*pm, "Kandice Seeber" wrote:
Blech, moving sucks - but congrats on the new job!!

P.S. to Kandice -- My eyes have gotten old along with the rest of me,
and I what I read of your comment above was, Bitch, moving sucks.
LOL. I just figured it was from Soozie.

Becki
Old March 7th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Mystified One[_2_]

I'm in love with the small town I live in, as opposed to the city I moved
from!

Tuesday night we got a flat tire at a time we really didn't have time for
it. Heard a loud POP and then when we pulled over pssssssssss. Had a huge
bolt in the tire, but we got it changed quickly enough. By the time we
finished, it was dark but two people had pulled over and asked if we needed
help, including an elderly lady who offered us the use of her home or phone
if we needed it.

What a shift from the city! When we lived there and got stuck on the side
of the road once, some people pulled over and offered to help us if we
bought them a tank of gas. We told them we were broke and they drove
away...

By the way, the second person who stopped was our doctor. We saw him today
and he told us he was driving away before he realized it was us!
Unfortunately, we both have bronchitis. I guess it was a little cold out...

Old March 7th 08, 07:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Mar 6, 6:34 pm, "Mystified One" wrote:
I'm in love with the small town I live in, as opposed to the city I moved
from!

Tuesday night we got a flat tire at a time we really didn't have time for
it. Heard a loud POP and then when we pulled over pssssssssss. Had a huge
bolt in the tire, but we got it changed quickly enough. By the time we
finished, it was dark but two people had pulled over and asked if we needed
help, including an elderly lady who offered us the use of her home or phone
if we needed it.

This is true here too. I've helped people out myself on occasion
(middle-aged
women think twice about stopping when traveling alone, but I have and
certainly
will again), but the stories you hear here are legion. It's gotten
worse since we
had our last wave (last 5 or so years) of in-migration, the one that
drove the
real estate market through the roof, but neighbors still know each
other and
help each other out, and people help one another on the road too. The
ones
who complain about the 'lack of Aloha spirit' are mostly the ones who
want
something for nothing.

Becki, if you can stay in a small town and commute (Bart sounds good,
only
used it a couple times, but then, I don't live around there) and the
commute
time doesn't eat you (time or money wise), by all means don't move.
DH and I last year some time realized that this house is the longest
we
have ever lived in one place (he had already lived here 7 years before
we
got married and I moved in). About half the neighbors are still the
same
(it's a short street, half is single digit number of parties), they're
almost
friends as well as neighbors.

I may be in the biggest town on this island, but it's still a
relatively
small town, and it behaves like one.

Should get some work done. At least sort Job's Tears.

Aloha,
Maren
(and Becki: I envy you the time for jewelry making. I still haven't
made that pair of earrings that my friend wants me to make for her.
And congrats on the new job. I hope it won't completely absorb you,
I'd most certainly miss you here)

What is Spam nJb Glass 31 April 13th 05 02:19 AM
OT - Useful spam Johanna Gibson Quilting 6 January 13th 05 06:00 PM
(OT Spam) Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org Roger Halstead Yarn 0 April 10th 04 07:03 PM
very OT Spam G.Kelly Yarn 14 December 18th 03 07:13 AM
Spam Teresa in Colorado Quilting 5 November 9th 03 06:16 AM