New Quilt Pix "Spring Lake"

Old January 5th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Default New Quilt Pix "Spring Lake"

Finally finished this quilt for a raffle at a local Art & Craft Show
for our guild. It was a real trial to finish because the flowers were
hand appliqued on to the pieced background and it was difficult to
decide how to machine quilt around them. With hand quilting it is
easier because you can just dodge the stems and flowers with the needle
under the fabric. The sashiko quilting was done by hand with the real
sashiko thread. That was fun.
I think this project has cured me of ever wanting to receive a
commission - it was far too stressful. If people see one of my quilts
and desire to buy it, then that's fine by me LOL.

Go to: http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier and first 2
pix.

This is the reason I haven't been posting for the last 2 months, just
popped in for a quick read over breakfast!

Hugs
Bronnie
Qld Oz

Old January 5th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh Bronnie, that's absolutely gorgeous. I love the design, the fabrics
and the quilting. So beautiful. Well done you.
No wonder you've been 'absent'. The variety in your work is amazing.
You are striding through styles and conquering them.
..
In message . com,
Bronnie writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 5th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

maryd wrote:
Stunning..... a real work of art, Bronnie.

--
Mary

Thanks Mary. I handed it over this afternoon and feel a great weight
lifted from my shoulders.
My DH and I shall go out for dinner to celebrate!
Bronnie

Old January 5th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Patti wrote:
Oh Bronnie, that's absolutely gorgeous. I love the design, the fabrics
and the quilting. So beautiful. Well done you.
No wonder you've been 'absent'. The variety in your work is amazing.
You are striding through styles and conquering them.
.
In message . com,
Bronnie writes

Old January 5th 07, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris

Wow, that is gorgeous, Bronnie. I love how all the different elements come
together to make the whole. I couldn't give that up for a raffle, that's for
sure.

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

"Bronnie" wrote

Old January 5th 07, 08:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Patti wrote:
Oh Bronnie, that's absolutely gorgeous. I love the design, the fabrics
and the quilting. So beautiful. Well done you.
No wonder you've been 'absent'. The variety in your work is amazing.
You are striding through styles and conquering them.
.

Thanks Pat! You're too kind. I am so glad it is finished. The show is
not until April. I'll be overseas so will be spared the pain of seeing
how ticket sales are progressing LOL

[Did you get my email?]

Bronnie

Old January 5th 07, 08:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Leigh Harris wrote:
Wow, that is gorgeous, Bronnie. I love how all the different elements come
together to make the whole. I couldn't give that up for a raffle, that's for
sure.

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Thanks Leigh! How are you guys doing over there after the big wet
this week?

Bronnie

Old January 5th 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

That's one of the prettiest quilts I've seen in a long time! And IMO you are
certifiable :-)
Roberta in D

ups.com...

Old January 5th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Wonderful,wonderful!
--
Estelle UK