Martha Stewarts Poncho

Old March 9th 05, 03:57 PM
Madeleine Norman

Default Martha Stewarts Poncho

I just received a newsletter from Lion Brand and it seems that they have had
numerous requests for a pattern for Martha's Poncho. They are working on a
pattern made from Homespun and it should be available shorty. Personally, I
have seen many nice free poncho patterns in various sites, but I suppose
because it is "Martha", this one is very "special".
Madeleine in Whitby, Ontario

Old March 9th 05, 04:32 PM
KarenQuinlan

"Madeleine Norman" wrote in message
I just received a newsletter from Lion Brand and it seems that they have

had
numerous requests for a pattern for Martha's Poncho. They are working on a
pattern made from Homespun and it should be available shorty. Personally,

have seen many nice free poncho patterns in various sites, but I suppose
because it is "Martha", this one is very "special".
Madeleine in Whitby, Ontario

Very likely the prisoner who crocheted it worked from a pattern that already
exists and, very probably, belongs to the company that published it. I
wonder how Lion Brand would feel about having one of their patterns copied
in such a manner.

Having said that, I, like lots of other people, can't wait to see the
pattern. When I saw the pics of her leaving the prison wearing it, I
thought, "How nice that's she's wearing something so warm and cuddly, out of
character for her but softens her image considerably -- it's nice to learn
that it was a gift from a fellow inmate and that she wore it in such a
public setting. There are further pictures of her displaying it at her
public employee meeting/press conference. I wonder if MS Magazine will do a
feature on it -- or if there will continue to be no mention of prison in its
glossy pages.

KQ

Old March 9th 05, 04:44 PM
Nora Balcer

Hi Everyone,

I just went back into the LionBrand website and it said they are going to
create a poncho pattern like the one Martha is wearing.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 9th 05, 06:26 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Speaking of Ponchos ,,, i was in Belgium last november when The Dutch
crown prince had his daughter ,,,Queen Beatrix , came in a car ,
dressed in a PONCHO [ knitted brown ] with a zip ,,,, mirjam

Old March 10th 05, 12:58 PM

I thought it was ugly but it is a miracle those woman in prison can
make anything with their resources.

Old March 10th 05, 09:56 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , "KarenQuinlan"
wrote:

Very likely the prisoner who crocheted it worked from a pattern that
already exists and, very probably, belongs to the company that
published it. I wonder how Lion Brand would feel about having one of
their patterns copied in such a manner.

It is not against the law to reverse engineer a garment. In fact,
that is how so many of us get to wear knock off designs when we cannot
afford the original designs.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove Do Not and Spam to email

See my Blog at: http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Martha Stewart's Poncho [email protected] Yarn 62 March 19th 05 11:00 AM
Martha Stewart's poncho Sheila Needlework 21 March 13th 05 12:26 PM
Martha's poncho....LOL Els van Dam Yarn 10 March 11th 05 05:01 PM
poncho Diane Broderick Yarn 8 July 2nd 04 10:27 PM
depressed over Martha sally Needlework 114 April 12th 04 04:28 PM