OT rcty

Old January 18th 04, 07:06 PM
PaulaB

I do have a question. I *think* I remember comeone once saying that
spinning is hard on the hands -- dries out your skin, etc. Is this true?
That won't stop me from learning if I can find someone to teach me -- just
wanted to know :-).

My friend Beth who has a degree in spinning and weaving (yes, Southern
Illinois Univ. has that - or at least used to!) - says that flax is
very hard on your hands...it's a rough, tough fiber and will just tear
them up. Wool, on the other hand, is lovely to spin...all that
lanolin, you know! HTH clarify a little. Paula B.
Old January 18th 04, 07:34 PM
Caryn

Just like for $1000 I could buy (from a specialty shop) a VCR that plays both
US and European tapes, but my $59 WalMart special won't, the high-end DVD
players will play both, but the ones the average person buys won't

Karen,

My dh is a gadget junkie....we don't do cheap!

He went and bought a new DVD player recently because he wanted to play a
special Pink Floyd CD on it, one made specifically for 5.1 S.A.C. sound or
something like that. He's the junkie, not me afterall.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old January 18th 04, 08:48 PM
Jan Lennie

Thanks Karen ,thought it must be available on Amazon .com if it was on
Amazon .co.uk but hadn't looked it up.
Jan
"Brenda Lewis" wrote in message

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Try this instead if you are in US or Canada. This is in the NTSC format
whereas the one on amazon UK was PAL format.

Karen C - California wrote:
In article ,

wd
(Caryn) writes:

a friend of mine in London wants some wool to
knit with, and I want those dvds

Warning ... warning ... warning ... DVDs are coded by Region. What

works in
London may not work on US players. The cheaper ones do not play

anything
outside your Region. Some of the more expensive ones "may" play "some"

from
outside the Region.

--
Brenda Lewis

WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar

Old January 18th 04, 08:50 PM
Ann

"Pat P" wrote in message

.

Have you forgotten the annual Peeps wars? rofl

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's

UFO's)

That should be starting soon, shouldn`t it?

Pat P

I don't know why anyone needs to wait. Just Born (manufacturer of the little
buggers) now makes them for every season. The heart shaped ones just popped
up to replace the cookie cutouts and snowmen that replaced the ghosts and
bats that replaced the red-white-and blue sparkly ones that replaced the
Easter version.

Ann

Old January 18th 04, 10:20 PM
Karen C - California

In article , "Ann" writes:

Just Born (manufacturer of the little
buggers) now makes them for every season. The heart shaped ones just popped
up to replace the cookie cutouts and snowmen that replaced the ghosts and
bats that replaced the red-white-and blue sparkly ones that replaced the
Easter version.

OK, I'll take the bait and fire the opening salvo.

Peeps -- gak! Or in RCTN parlance, I.A.P.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 18th 04, 10:41 PM
crewelwoman

There is a very informative article, Peep-wise, he

http://www.millikin.edu/staley/fluff/peep_research.html

Peeps rule!

Crewelwoman