OT rcty

Old January 18th 04, 08:07 AM
Pat P

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
(KDLark) had some very interesting things to say about
OT rcty:

Last night I got curious and went over to see what was going on on

RCTY --
partly because I'm unbecomingly nosy, and partly because I am doing more
knitting right now and thought that I'd check on that aspect before I

ask yarn
questions. I was sure that Seanette was exagerating...wow, do I owe her

an
apology! If I ever post over there, I think I'll need a new persona so I

won't
get blacklisted as a rude "needle stabber!" Sheesh!

I'd advise just staying here in RCTN. Plenty of yarn experts [Karen
comes immediately to mind] and you don't have to join the Church of
Mirjam. :-)

She`s kept very quiet lately, hasn`t she? Do you reckon we`ve finally
worked the miracle and she`s disappeared in a puff of smoke?

Pat P

Old January 18th 04, 12:27 PM
Lynne M.

"Artchick" wrote in message ws.com...
Hi, Lynne! (my middle name, btw!)

I've done some crochet - my mother taught me how years ago - but for
whatever reason, I could never keep my gague even and I can with knitting. I
should probably pick it up and try it again one of these days. I'm pretty
ordinary too - I am continually amazed at the folks who can put together
such gorgeous patterns or just free-form something the way some people do.
I'd like to be one of those people one of these days . . .

Carrie

My mom taught me all kinds of basic stitching, but a friend taught me
how to crochet when we were switchboard operators many years ago (showing
my age, there). Even though she was right-handed and I am left-handed,
I managed to get the basics with her patient help. Taught my daughter
-- a rightie -- how to crochet, so the loop start continues...
Lynne
Old January 18th 04, 01:30 PM
Caryn

Alright, I used to watch Dr. Who but didn't love it as much as others. I
used to love The Goodies and Rising Damp - the two shows on PBS after Dr.
Who.

I loved the Goodies!! Wish they'd put those out on DVD, because I'd but those
in a heartbeat.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old January 18th 04, 01:37 PM
Caryn

I've done some crochet - my mother taught me how years ago - but for
whatever reason, I could never keep my gague even and I can with knitting.

Carrie,

I learned to knit first, then crochet, and I found that I kept holding the
tension for crochet the same as I did for knitting. This really messed up my
crochet projects, everything looked wavy and waffly. Finally figured out that
you hold the yarn in a completely different way, different amount of tension.
Now both knitting and crochet come out flat! lol

Old January 18th 04, 01:43 PM
Caryn

Also we want to know -- and this is tres' importante, dontchaknow -- the
truth about which you prefer -- Mayo or Miracle Whip. We DO have some pretty
good set to's when we go through the Mayo vs. MW wars! And just wait until
we
start in on the floss licking, floss grain, and floss knotting
topics!!!!!!!!!
The fur really flies during those "discussions". MAYO RULES -- MW is the
Devil's spawn!!!!! :-))) OH -- did I remember to say Welcome? Glad to have
you here :-)). CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

Have you forgotten the annual Peeps wars? rofl