To the Purple lovers

Old July 21st 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Default To the Purple lovers

I discovered a stack of blocks today in my 'one day' heap. The blocks are
appliquéd cowboy boots. They must have been put away for something urgent.
Maybe I was just sick of appliqué or didn't know what to do next. For no
reason, I buy purple but never choose it when piecing. Well, today was the
day. I'm sashing the boot blocks with purple *and* a purple/lime/aqua
plaid. Oh my how dazzling. Now I know why you Poiple People are so crazy
about it. Make room for me over at the purple frame; I'll bring the
chocolate. Purple Polly

Old July 21st 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Polly Esther wrote:

I discovered a stack of blocks today in my 'one day' heap. The blocks are
appliquéd cowboy boots. They must have been put away for something urgent.
Maybe I was just sick of appliqué or didn't know what to do next. For no
reason, I buy purple but never choose it when piecing. Well, today was the
day. I'm sashing the boot blocks with purple *and* a purple/lime/aqua
plaid. Oh my how dazzling. Now I know why you Poiple People are so crazy
about it. Make room for me over at the purple frame; I'll bring the
chocolate. Purple Polly

There is absolutely nothing to compare to purple and green :-). I
found a lovely little LQS when in Estes Park, CO last week and bought
three different purple and green fabrics -- mostly purple in the prints.
For me, green is a neutral -- it goes with every other color in
creation!! All those leaves and grasses, etc. Anyway, welcome to the
purple lovers pride :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 21st 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

I discovered a stack of blocks today in my 'one day' heap. The blocks are
appliquéd cowboy boots. They must have been put away for something urgent.
Maybe I was just sick of appliqué or didn't know what to do next. For no
reason, I buy purple but never choose it when piecing. Well, today was the
day. I'm sashing the boot blocks with purple *and* a purple/lime/aqua
plaid. Oh my how dazzling. Now I know why you Poiple People are so crazy
about it. Make room for me over at the purple frame; I'll bring the
chocolate. Purple Polly

Welcome to the Purple People corner.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old July 21st 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

I want to see it! It sounds "bootiful."

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

news

Old July 21st 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Never been a big purple fan myself - but one of my students
is doing a giant mariners compass in purple and bright lime
green, with purple and lime log cabin blocks as a border.

I will post pictures when finished. Stunning!!

Now me - I put a little bit of purple in every red quilt I
make!

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
news :I discovered a stack of blocks today in my 'one day' heap.
The blocks are
: appliquéd cowboy boots. They must have been put away for
something urgent.
: Maybe I was just sick of appliqué or didn't know what to
do next. For no
: reason, I buy purple but never choose it when piecing.
Well, today was the
: day. I'm sashing the boot blocks with purple *and* a
purple/lime/aqua
: plaid. Oh my how dazzling. Now I know why you Poiple
People are so crazy
: about it. Make room for me over at the purple frame; I'll
bring the
: chocolate. Purple Polly
:
:

Old July 21st 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

How I wish I could show it to you. The boots are full of little surprises.
One boot top is fuzzy bees, one sports the Cat in the Hat, there's even one
in yellow trimmed with black and white polka dots. And yes, it's bootiful.
Polly

"Louise" I want to see it! It sounds "bootiful."

Old July 21st 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Polly - they sound divine! My bedroom is currently decorated in purple,
lavender and green and I just love it. When you're all done, maybe we
should plan a "hootenanny" - wha' da ya say??

Patti in Seattle

Old July 21st 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Welcome over to the poiple side Polly. We is one crazy bunch a peeps over
here. We mix purples with lotsa things! Can't wait to see the quilt!

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old July 21st 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Welcome to the Purple People group, Polly! We knew you'd come around sooner
or later! Your project sounds wonderful, especially with the plaid sashing.
Yummy!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old July 21st 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Purple is lovely no matter what shade and since my maiden name was Green,
you can
guess my choice for neutral!

--
Bonnie