Fabric/Quilt Shops in Scranton?

Old July 20th 05, 03:53 AM
Mika

Default Fabric/Quilt Shops in Scranton?

The much anticipated weekend is upon us and I am so excited. My wonderful DH
got us tickets to the Pennsylvania 500 NASCAR race at Pocono this weekend.
We will be going out there on Saturday and will hopefully have a couple of
hours to burn before we can check into the hotel. DH asked me last night
what we would do until we could check into the hotel. Of course the first
words out of my mouth were "We can go shopping. I'm sure there are some
fabric stores in Scranton." His reply was, "I knew that was coming." So at
least he didn't say no. Now I have the task of finding those stores. So if
anyone is in the Scranton, Pennsylvania area or knows of any fabric stores
that are a must to visit, please let me know. You can either post here or
email me privately. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old July 20th 05, 04:11 AM
Toni Schneidt

I'll trade the names of the shops for the race tickets! LOL
I am hoping to go to the Brickyard, oh wait, the Allstate, next year. Man,
hate that they changed the name. Think Tony Stewart can win and climb the
fence again? LOL
Toni

Old July 20th 05, 07:10 AM
Mika

So sorry but if that's the trade off I'll just have to forgo the fabric
shops. LOL. As far as Tony Stewart, as much as I like him, I certainly hope
he doesn't win. I'm pulling for Mark Martin all the way. I was at Dover last
year when he won so maybe he'll win at Pocono this year.

Old July 20th 05, 12:06 PM
AliceW

Here is one that I have been to and love it, love it, love it! Worth the
trip!

http://www.quiltersquarter.com/

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

:

Old July 20th 05, 12:32 PM
AliceW

We have an office in Jessup and I was introduced to Quilters Quarter on my
last visit. So now between the Tannersville Outlets and Quilters Quarter, I
generally volunteer when trips to Jessup are required.

I forgot about Mt. Effort. But I thought that would be quite a ride from
Scranton. When we spent summers in Gouldsboro, it was easier to get my DH
to go to Mt. Effort since there used to be a homebrew supply store on the
way. I think they have closed up now.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/index.htm (add a recipe)
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"I.E.Z." wrote in message
:
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: Here is one that I have been to and love it, love it, love it! Worth
the
: trip!
:
: http://www.quiltersquarter.com/
:
: --
:
: Oh poo, you beat me to it! Mountaintop is pretty far from Scranton
: though - but Scranton isn't that close to the racetrack. Mountaintop
: might be closer. There are no real fabric stores in Scranton that I know
: of and I just recently retired from a job there. There's Edelsteins on
Main
: St., Pittston (get on Main St. in Scranton and keep heading south) but
I've
: always found them disappointing. There used to be a fabric store on Rt.
: 115 in the general vicinity of the racetrack, Mt. Effort Fabrics, but they
: were hit or miss too, amd may be closed. I usually mail order fabric,
: either from Quilter's Quarter or Fabric.com. So if there IS another
good
: fabric store in the vicinity, I'm all ears as well!
:
: Iris
:
:

Old July 20th 05, 03:28 PM
the black rose

I don't know where anything is in Scranton, but I live something under
an hour north of there, so I'll be waving at you. :-)

Mika wrote:
[...]

Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old July 21st 05, 05:28 PM
Mika

Thanks Alice. I've written down the address just in case I get to do any
fabric shopping. As it turns out the job that DH had on Friday has now been
pushed to Saturday. So we may not get into Scranton until late Saturday
evening. So at this point I'm not counting on getting to do any shopping. I
appreciate the info though. Who knows when I may need it in the future.

Old July 21st 05, 05:30 PM
Mika

Thanks Iris. I'll be on the lookout. As I was telling Alice, it turns out
that I may not get in town in time to do any fabric shopping now. But you
never know what the future holds.