Now that's PURPLE

Old March 18th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Now that's PURPLE

In article
,
TinaR wrote:

I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

Wow, Tina! You're right -- it's really *purple*! G I've only seen a
couple of painted FWs in person, and they're really fun. Enjoy your new
toy!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 18th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
TinaR wrote:

You know, I think that when they are repainted, they SHOULD be
repainted something other than black - then you KNOW it's not
original. I'd hate to spend good money on a "mint" machine and then
find out it had been repainted.

British Racing Green - that would rock. I did choose my color from
automotive paint; it's called "Plum Crazy" and was available on the
70-71 Challenger.

I agree with you, Tina. I wouldn't repaint my current FW, as it's in
fine condition as it is. But if it were pretty crummy (cosmetically
speaking), I'd love one in purple or sapphire blue.

Old March 19th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
onetexsun

Oooooooooh! I love it, love it, love it! As for the 1st Baptist
painted purple -- I might be persuaded to be a Baptist again if that
happened.

Sunny
Old March 19th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
anthony in Clearwater

That is soooooo cool!

TinaR wrote:
I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

--

Regards,
anthony in Clearwater

[To reply privately, pls replace
"live dot com" with "bigfoot dot com."
Yes, the "dinkledoodle" is real... Thx!]
Old March 19th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
anthony in Clearwater

Who...? Where...? How...? I want mine to be lime green.

anthony in Clearwater wrote:
That is soooooo cool!

Old March 19th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

I got to sew a little bit on it last night (I don't want to use it
much until I get some sewing machine oil) and I can finally understand
why people are so attached to these machines.

I've had Bernina's before, and thought they made a perfect straight
stitch, but this FW just blows them away. The stitch is tight, the
tension is perfect, it is wicked fast, and it sews so STRAIGHT. That
narrow feed dog really, really makes a difference. I got a Little Foot
for it, and the practice seams I made were just so ridiculously
perfect.

Old March 19th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TinaR

Here's a word from Bill, the man who painted the machine:

I forgot to mention that I have a website www.vintage-sewing -repair-
wizard.com where I have some pictures, email address and some tips
(mostly on the Pfaff 130 machine - my personal favorite). I charge
$250.00 to paint AND service the machine. If I supply the machine, the
additional charge is only what I pay for the machine (sometimes I can
get a hull and buy parts to put it back to 1st class operating
condition). Other times I am able to get a reasonable deal on a
machine. It is difficult to get one on ebay for less than $200.00.

If you want his contact info, it is on his website.

Old March 19th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:01:48 -0500, TinaR wrote
(in article
):

I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

It is pretty. I love that purple!

Maureen

Old March 19th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

That's just as cute as a pink bellied pup.

Val

To the Purple lovers Polly Esther Quilting 21 July 22nd 06 11:54 AM
AD: Little purple Cindy Schoepp Beads 0 October 1st 05 04:28 PM
Purple Eye Candy Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 0 January 12th 05 09:19 PM
purple flowers to end all purple flowers Dr. Sooz Beads 15 July 31st 03 07:46 AM