What Have I Done?

Old March 19th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default What Have I Done?

A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
I've never particularly understood art quilts or had any enthusiasm for
a modern, contemporary sort of abstract.
Nope. Not me. You all just carry on and I'll cheer you on but the
concepts escape me.
I made a string quilt. Began with square muslin blocks. Laid a red
strip on the diagonal and wandered off with warm colors in one direction and
blues/cools in the other. Just using scraps. Diminishing the scrap bin.
That's all.
Put it on the design wall.
It's wonderful. It's gorgeous. I can Not bring me to continue to
turn it into a bed cover. It needs its own wall just for being admired,
considered, thought about. I have created a wall hanging. Now what do I
do? I'm not in Kansas anymore. Polly

Old March 19th 09, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA[_2_]

On Mar 18, 8:12*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

So where are the pictures of what sounds like a truly yummy creation?!
And of course you're not in KS, your address is in Missippi!! Silly
girl. grin

TerriLee in WA (state)
http://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop
Old March 19th 09, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Make another ??

I'm not into art quilts either Polly.

Dee in Oz

Old March 19th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

Enjoy the different process of a wallhanging
and be at peace with the world

Yes I'm being a little silly, but still, you're having fun aren't you?

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 19th 09, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Silly question! Hang it on a wall, of course. And take some photos so we
can all see it. After you quilt and bind it. Most of all, enjoy it.

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default
-----------

Old March 19th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:12:24 -0500, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

A wallhanging? Me? No way.
I've always thought of quilts as treasures for wrapping around and
comforting.
I have created a wall hanging. Now what do I
do? I'm not in Kansas anymore. Polly

I'm sure I could find it a home if you absolutely don't have any walls at all
in your house.

Maureen

Old March 19th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Nice shot, Maureen. You're getting as good as the best here.
What this WH calls for is a beautiful staircase like the one in Carol
Doak's cd on paperpiecing. We don't have a 2nd story, hardly even have an
attic. Wonder if DH could be persuaded that I really need a staircase?
Polly

"Maureen Wozniak" wrote I'm sure I could find it a home if you absolutely
don't have any walls at all
in your house.

Old March 19th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

there's nothing like stumbling into a new way of quilting!

Musicmaker
Old March 19th 09, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Welcome to the dark side, Polly! It sounds wonderful. This sounds like a
"heartstrings" variation. It's on my "to do" list for scrap busting too.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 19th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

ROFLOL! Polly, you're a wonder! What do you do now? Make it large enough
to wrap around yourself (or someone else), stick a hanging sleeve on the
back, and enjoy the best of both worlds -- you can hang it when you want
to look, you can wrap up in it when you prefer that.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net