How Shall I Quilt It?

Old March 21st 09, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA[_2_]

Default How Shall I Quilt It?

So, I finished a baby quilt today, flannel on both sides, non-flam
batting in the middle. All basted. There's a pic on the last page of
my quilting album at webshots. Just says "Baby Quilt". I know I want
to do a stencilled cable in the outside border (yes, it is black).
Does anyone have suggestions on how to quilt the center? Maybe I'm
just tired, but nothing I've thought of seems to be what it wants. If
it helps, the gray rounds are eagles, in various flight and non-flight
positions. The feline QI, Jazmyn, has already inspected it, and says
so far, it passes.

Thanks in advance,

TerriLee in WA (state)
http://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop
Old March 21st 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I looked and I thought, TerriLee, but I just don't know. Certainly for a
baby quilt, you don't want to do much and make the quilt stiff. I agree
with Jazmyn, it is soft and bright so it passes with flying (?) colors.
Polly

Old March 21st 09, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
TerriLee in WA wrote:

So, I finished a baby quilt today, flannel on both sides, non-flam
batting in the middle. All basted. There's a pic on the last page of
my quilting album at webshots. Just says "Baby Quilt". I know I want
to do a stencilled cable in the outside border (yes, it is black).
Does anyone have suggestions on how to quilt the center? Maybe I'm
just tired, but nothing I've thought of seems to be what it wants. If
it helps, the gray rounds are eagles, in various flight and non-flight
positions. The feline QI, Jazmyn, has already inspected it, and says
so far, it passes.

Thanks in advance,

TerriLee in WA (state)
http://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop

Since flight seems to be the theme of this quilt, perhaps other things
having to do with movement and/or the skies? Maybe stars? Nothing I
think of really seems to scream out that "this is it", but I'll keep
thinking. I do like the quilt, though, TerriLee!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 21st 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA[_2_]

On Mar 21, 7:19*am, Sandy wrote:
In article
,
*TerriLee in WA wrote:

[...]

sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

Thanks, Sandy. Honestly, it's 99% from leftovers from other projects,
but it was fun to do.

Old March 21st 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Neat quilt! I'd probably play with each border...

You are thinking cable in the outer border

So, something loopy in the print one (is it angels?)

Angular in the half square triangle border - I'm big on echoing the
block seams the width of my walking foot. Something to emphasize the
angles at any rate and a change from the curves of the outer two borders.

Black again - maybe a small cable or maybe link the narrow black and
print border together with a cable with width of the two together.

Maybe a meander as we get close to the center - not too tight though
because you don't want to throw off the balance of the quilt.

Rail fence block - lots of fun things here..and "X" in each log, a
simple line down the center of each log and stitching in each ditch, and
cool stencil design that fits the block....

hope this gets you started.
marcella

In article
,

Old March 22nd 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Terrilee:
The quilting pattern ... always a challenge! I would suggest quilting each
quarter of the center block individually ... perhaps a concentric circles.
The brown border looks almost solid. If so, you can quilt words on it. If
not, maybe a cable. Both black borders could support words, if you choose. I
suggest words because I see the print features eagles and I was thinking of
scripture verses that mention eagles. If that is not appropriate, a song
about eagles ("Wind beneath your wings") might work ... parents surely act
as such to the babes and kiddies. Gotta go work on my own blocks now. TTFN,
PAT in VA/USA