Gordian knot pattern

Old February 12th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Gordian knot pattern

DH, DD2 and I (along with 7 month old grandson) went to a quilt show
today. DD2 saw a quilt made batiks (which she loves) that was a Gordian
knot. All the information available was the quilter made it from a
pattern in a class taught by "Gail". Called one LQS and talked to Gail
but it wasn't her. Did some Googling and found out which shop it was and
called them. They are doing another class on Monday but DD2 can't go.
They refuse to sell the pattern without the class and it was in a book
that is now out of print. (they were actually quite insistent that she
HAD to take the class). She can't, I can't, DH can't take class. Has
anyone seen this pattern? It's supposed to be an easier way to make it.
You cut the strips and work from the bottom up. You only use 3 batiks
for the knot, along each side of the batiks you use a small strip of
plain (probably 1" width). I am willing to pay for the pattern. I am
trying to work it out on EQ5 but it's slow going.
Kathleen in TX
Old February 12th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I happen to teach that class myself. The book is still available as of
last month when I ordered it. The person who wrote the book, Mary
Whitehead, has passed away but her husband still sells the book. If you
want, I can look up the information for you.

Tamara

Old February 12th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'd be interested, too. Looks like a very interesting pattern!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old February 12th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Further research found this. NAYY
http://www.borntoquilt.com/cgi-bin/e...3164&p_catid=2
Hope this helps.

Tamara

Old February 12th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Gordian knot pattern question of skill

Thank you so much. I have already placed my order. The others in the
book also look interesting. Because you have taught this class, can a
beginner make this one? DD2 has only done 2 quilts. The first was a nine
patch set on point for her son (done in frog fabrics, very cute!) and
has just finished piecing her second, a pattern called Lasagna (I've
seen it called by other names) which was 4" strips cut in various
lengths and sewn together. She used batiks (she takes after DH in her
love of those).
Kathleen

Old February 12th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kathleen,

She should be ok. It is done with partial seams and if she runs into
any trouble, e-mail me at sneezie at bigfoot dot com and I'll try to
help her. I found it best to lay it out before sewing it all together.
When you get the book read it over several times and you should be ok.
Tamara

Terminology Brian Grimley Knots 13 June 28th 04 07:36 PM
A brandnew FREE downloadable Pattern Maker Pro crossstitch pattern !!! Misty Needlework 0 June 2nd 04 07:03 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
Single knot to a two-loop lanyard Ford and Mary Ann Walton Knots 4 April 27th 04 01:06 AM
pattern construction book ? JJMolvik Yarn 2 April 2nd 04 09:11 PM