Sigh... Now that I can bead

Old July 1st 03, 03:34 PM
EL

Default Sigh... Now that I can bead

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
I'm soooo darned slow!

I'll bet you'll be amazed at how quickly you get fast again.

I've always been a very fast beader, churning out a herringbone chain or a
small amulet bag in an evening.

Good Lord -- I feel lucky to get an inch an hour some days!

BTW: What would be my prison sentence if I did bad things to the little

dog?

You're *already* doing bad things to the little dog :-) Install dog doors
(preferably transparent ones) at once in every door she wishes to be on both
sides of simultaneously. Then spend a week on your hands and knees teaching
her how to use them. Then learn to love the constant flap flap flap noises.

Just be grateful you only have one small dog instead of THREE large dogs all
of whom have mastered the rude nose forearm push at exactly the critical
moment in typing or stitching.

Glad you're back to beading ...

Elise

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old July 1st 03, 07:04 PM
Dr. Sooz

I've always been a very fast beader, churning out a herringbone chain or a
small amulet bag in an evening.

You freaky fast medina!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/links.htm
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 1st 03, 10:00 PM
jennifer tax

Kathy N-V wrote:

BTW: What would be my prison sentence if I did bad things to the little dog?
She's driving me crazy --um, crazier. We have the doors shut because the
a/c is on, and Sophie hates closed doors. Whatever side of the door she's
on, she whines and scratches to be on the opposite side. All flipping day
long. As I write this, she's banging her head against the office door,
trying to get me to open it.

In her opinion, the ideal situation would be the doors be open just enough
for her to be half in and half out of any room I'm on. Unfortunately for
her, I have no intention of air conditioning the neighborhood, so she's going
to have to make up her mind.

Hey Kathy

As someone else wrote, get a dog door. They even make them so that you
can position them in a slider without having to hammer a nail or screw.
My beagle; who thinks I was born to cater to his every whim (okay, so I
was :-D ) loves it! And you don't have to waste all that very valuable ac,
big bonus in my book
Good Luck
Jennifer

Old July 1st 03, 11:03 PM
SmartAlecBlonde4

In her opinion, the ideal situation would be the doors be open just enough
for her to be half in and half out of any room I'm on.

Dogs can be so quirkey. Chelsea had these little things she did that to me
seemed senceless but I guess in her mind, it was normal. We used to get a kick
out of how she did some stuff. Even Buddy is doing some of the quirkey stuff
Chelsea did. We put food down for him and he'll eat a little bit and then
he'll move his nose like he is trying to cover the food up except theres
nothing there to cover the food with except his water dish is right next to the
food. Sometimes he'll dunk his nose in his water for no reason. Chelsea did
that to.

Jo Jo

Old July 1st 03, 11:40 PM
SmartAlecBlonde4

Haw haw! Knowing Sophie, she'd be freaked out by a dog door and refuse to go
near it (she's also afraid, deathly afraid, of aluminum foil).

Chelsea was afraid when we used the toaster. I guess she didn't like the noise
when the toast popped up. Also she got scared when she heard plastic grocery
bags being ruffled, usually it was a cat doing the ruffling and Chelsea always
came to get me.
Old July 2nd 03, 01:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

Oh dear GOD! No wonder I don't watch that frigging show!

"Trading Spaces,"

~snipped~
"there's a special place in Hell:"
- for those who paint brick
- for painting ceilings any color but white
- for messing with hardwood floors in decent condition
- for putting plaster texture on smooth walls or ceilings
- for painting finished woodwork (the nice stuff, not boring builder stuff)
- for painting linoleum or tile floors, or wall tiles.

subrule: For letting Hildi in my house. If she had taken _MY_ bowl of
finished lampwork beads and grouted them into the fireplace, I'd beat her so
bad, and break her skinny body over my knee. (Violent today, aren't I?) We

don't even want to talk about what would happen to her if she stapled 6,000
fake flowers to my walls, applied hay to my walls, or took a sledgehammer to
my Craftsman built in cabinet.

~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 2nd 03, 04:16 AM
SmartAlecBlonde4

We
don't even want to talk about what would happen to her if she stapled 6,000
fake flowers to my walls, applied hay to my walls, or took a sledgehammer to

my Craftsman built in cabinet.

Did you see the show when they put that peat moss up on the walls of one room?
I can just imagine the smell. Oh and the room that Hildi's face was painted on
the wall?

Jo Jo
Old July 3rd 03, 10:34 PM
Dr. Sooz

She took many photos of a
very tiny dog chasing deer, not having a clue that if that deer ever turned
around, he was toast. My sister never let him run deer for very long, for
fear that the deer would get hurt.

Wow! Yeah, they would've gotten along great, Kathy. Merc tears skunks in two,
and only gets sprayed if there are TWO skunks.
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC