The Race Begins

Old February 28th 14, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Default The Race Begins

Yay! Got my peacock kit from African Folklore Embroidery, so I can start
stitching on it in hopes of getting it done in time to submit it to the
exhibition next month. Still haven't decided whether to insert the
jewels in the tail jewel-side-out or mirror-side-out (so they look like
shisha mirrors). Will decide that when I get to the tail and experiment
with which works better.

It came with half a dozen colors of variegated #8 perle cotton. None of
them really struck me as realistic peacock colors, but I'd bought some
#5 perle and satin floss last week in the correct colors. Bonus, #5
fills space faster than #8, which makes it more likely that I'll finish
by the deadline.

I'm doing the body/wings first in the satin floss and then will do the
tail with the perle, and maybe a few satin floss highlights.

www.Aflembroidery.com

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 12/29/13 baby blankets for charity

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old March 3rd 14, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 2/28/2014 8:09 AM, Karen C wrote:
Yay! Got my peacock kit from African Folklore Embroidery,

snip

I'm doing the body/wings first in the satin floss and then will do the
tail with the perle, and maybe a few satin floss highlights.

Looks like an interesting project. It was kind of small so it was hard
to tell...are you going to use silver metallic for the lines between the
"eyes" on the tail?

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old March 3rd 14, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 2/28/2014 8:09 AM, Karen C wrote:

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Karen, did you know that InspirePoint is still posting your posts? You
might want to move your copyright section to the top of your .sig
because they hide the lower part because of the length. You have to
click to see anything below "Finished 12/29/13 baby blankets for charity"

Old March 5th 14, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Joan Erickson wrote:

are you going to use silver metallic for the lines between the
"eyes" on the tail?

Kreinik #085 Peacock braid

Old March 5th 14, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:03:10 -0600, Joan Erickson
wrote:

On 2/28/2014 8:09 AM, Karen C wrote:

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Karen, did you know that InspirePoint is still posting your posts? You
might want to move your copyright section to the top of your .sig
because they hide the lower part because of the length. You have to
click to see anything below "Finished 12/29/13 baby blankets for charity"

They don't post mine (at least they didn't last time I checked)
because I objected so strongly I emailed their lawyer

I also requested to be removed, but it didn't happen. Guess I wasn't as
forceful as Sheena.

Old March 7th 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Couldn't find shisha mirrors locally to insert in the peacock's tail.
For another project, I'd bought a box of foil-backed faceted "jewels",
but because of the curvature of the jewel side, I couldn't make them
cooperate for shisha either foil side out or jewel side out.

So the stitching is done, but once it's framed I'll have to glue the
jewels onto the tail.

Washed and currently drying. Will get a photo in a couple days.

--

Finished 3/6/14 -- peacock from www.aflembroidery.com

It begins Fay Quilting 8 August 31st 08 05:48 PM
Now it's a race........ S Quilting 16 July 14th 06 01:37 AM
OT - and so it begins starlia Beads 39 November 9th 04 05:53 AM
Vs: OT - '...We can win the race....' NoraBalcer Yarn 9 October 14th 03 08:11 AM
OT - '...We can win the race....' NoraBalcer Yarn 0 October 11th 03 04:43 PM