A Finish!

Old December 1st 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default A Finish!

So excited. I rarely ever finish a quilt. You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he
http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella
Old December 1st 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 01/12/11 19:26, Marcella Peek wrote:
So excited. I rarely ever finish a quilt. You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he
http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella

Lovely quilt! I'm sure your DH thinks it was worth the wait.

Lizzy
Old December 1st 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 1, 2:26*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
So excited. *I rarely ever finish a quilt. *You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. *Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. *I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he *http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella

what a gorgeous quilt!

Old December 1st 11, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Lizzy's word is exactly what I was thinking; lovely. And as far as taking a
year to finish, I seem to remember another 'samples of batiks' quilt here.
It was framed ovals and also lovely . . . and so far as I know, STILL not
finished. Not naming names or nothing, just thought I'd mention it. Polly

Old December 1st 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Well done Marcella. It's lovely - so bright and colourful. Great
achievement to get it done. I, too, am slow; but in my head I don't
take account of distractions! I think I had better do so - it would
make my aims more realistic. (I am constantly 'failing'). Thanks for
the 'lesson'.
..
In message , Marcella
Peek writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 1st 11, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On Dec 2, 5:26*am, Marcella Peek wrote:
So excited. *I rarely ever finish a quilt. *You'd think being a quilter
it would happen often, but not for me.

Not only am I very slow but I like the process and really don't care
about the end product. *Heresy, I know.

However, last December I gave my husband a basted quilt for his
birthday. *I figured I'd better actually finish it before his birthday
rolls around again, and I did!

Pictures and such he *http://peek.org/marcella/2011/12/birthday-finish/

marcella

That is a gorgeous quilt Marcella! Beautful color placement. Well
done. Not all of us work at a clip! I certainly don't.
Bronnie
Old December 1st 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article
,
Bronnie wrote:

That is a gorgeous quilt Marcella! Beautful color placement. Well
done. Not all of us work at a clip! I certainly don't.
Bronnie

Thanks! It was fun to do and the pattern had directions for strip
piecing which made it fairly easy. Love those pre-cut strips!

marcella
Old December 1st 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Pat S wrote:

Well done Marcella. It's lovely - so bright and colourful. Great
achievement to get it done. I, too, am slow; but in my head I don't
take account of distractions! I think I had better do so - it would
make my aims more realistic. (I am constantly 'failing'). Thanks for
the 'lesson'.

If you enjoy it, it's not a "fail". Sometimes it's just hard to not
compare yourself to those speedy quilters, but we're all just different.
Maybe I clean my bathroom way faster than they do :-)

marcella
Old December 1st 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Thanks you two!

It's nice that others sew just as slowly :-) I remember pictures of
another batik quilt like you describe and some things are definitely
worth the wait.

marcella

Old December 1st 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Love your blue border fabric. That blue is a favorite with everyone in
my family. I made the same pattern using all the Christmas novelty
quarter yard pieces that I bought every year and never used. This
quilt was a great way to use the fabric. By the time I was ready to
attach the borders I was in a hurry and they stretched. The quilt must
be draped on a chair because it could never be folded evenly and
forget hanging it on the wall. Yours looks very flat.

Susan