Where are we from?

Old October 22nd 04, 06:11 PM
Ophelia

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Auntie O,

I take it that I should be on the lookout for something?

Oh I thought we were passing hugs and warm smiles around

I just wanted to pass one onto you

Old October 22nd 04, 07:28 PM
Elizabeth M

"mejane" wrote in message
And you got me wondering. mede in old English - I think - means meadow
and as Runnymede runs north/south makes me thank at one time there must
have been a long meadow that run down to the lake. it brings up images of
children and deer and bunnies out in an area that just a couple hundred
years ago would mainly have been new, wooded land. Our country is still
so new.

Jane in Toronto

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Jane all the names you mention , read like a novel in it`s self .... my
imagination is working ,, esp this Runny ...maid....:::
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:44:04 -0400, mejane
wrote:

We bought a house on Dundas West, just east of Runnymede. Before that, I
lived for many years on Bloor Street, just west of the Humber River.

Hi

I'm in Berkshire UK. In Surrey there is a place called Runnymede, where the
Magna Carta was signed in 1215. It's quite a historic site. There's more
info here if you're interested!

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plac...e/history.html

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plac...20gallery.html

Liz

Old October 22nd 04, 07:47 PM
mejane

This is so interesting. I just did a search for Runnymede
Toronto history and came up with this site first on the list.

http://www.torontoneighbourhoods.net.../york/154.html

Jane

Old October 22nd 04, 10:34 PM
Laura J

Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.

LauraJ

"Gallagher" wrote in message
I've been posting for months and lurking even longer. We are such a
diverse
group! But I wonder...where are we all from?

I'm in the US, in Pennsylvania.

Abi

Old October 23rd 04, 12:10 AM
KATHLEEN HANCOCK

Born in CA, raised in VA, high school and college in KY, 20 yrs in TN, 4 yrs
in OH, now travelling around the country. You name it, I've probably at
least seen it! LOL

--
Kathleen
Currently in Blountville TN

Sure I can knit... hand me that knitting loom!

Old October 23rd 04, 02:10 AM
Katherine

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
B Vaughan wrote:
Now I had one of those patterns, and I use to put it up every year,
until H told me that according to the bible, we are not supposed to
be put up things like that. So got rid of the Nativity scene, but
believe that I still have the pattern around, just have to go
looking for it.

I don't remember anything in the Bible that says anything like that.

Some people think it comes under the prohibition against worshipping
idols.

That is what I had to explain to my class the other day.

Katherine

Old October 23rd 04, 02:39 AM
Katherine

But I can't post it here!
OK, I will put it in my album, and then post the URL later. g

Hugs,
Katherine

norma woods wrote:
Ah, Katherine, we all want to see it!

Michelle wrote:
Katherine wrote in message
I am in Labrador, in north east Canada.

Katherine

'Nudder newf!

How'd that potato turn out?

It was gorgeous! I'll send you a picture later.

Katherine

Old October 23rd 04, 02:51 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Craftkitten
(Darlene)" wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:21:37 -0400, "norma woods"
wrote:

Hi Els, when I moved to Toronto after graduation form high school I lived on
Chester at Danforth! Small world, eh?

Gee Norma

It's a very small world because I lived at Donland's and O'Connor
before I was married.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Yes Darlene, we did talk about that. I used to go the the East end
recreation center a lot, and cycled to my friends house who lived in
Leaside. It is indeed a very small world

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 23rd 04, 02:53 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Auntie O,

I take it that I should be on the lookout for something?

Oh I thought we were passing hugs and warm smiles around

I just wanted to pass one onto you

If nothing have arrived at your house as yet Ophelia, you should be on the
look out for some mail.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome