oh yeah.....

Old May 22nd 04, 04:56 AM

Default oh yeah.....

Listening to all of you talk about your yarn stashes. I never told you
about the GRAND deal I found one day at a garage sale.

This lady had 15 bags of yarn, but the bags were about three feet in
diameter and about four foot tall. Each bag was packed full of many
different colors.

About 150 skeins at least in each bag.

I asked the lady how much she wanted per bag she told me ONE DOLLAR.

So needless to say I bought all 15 bags, roughly figures 2250 skiens for
15 dollars!!

bart

Old May 22nd 04, 05:25 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Did you check the condition
of the yarns ??
mirjam

Old May 22nd 04, 04:05 PM
NoraBalcer

Bart,

What a deal, my mouth fell open when I read that. Is it all the same kind of
yarn or mixed weights and brands?

Nora
Old May 22nd 04, 04:58 PM

All different kinds of yarns , from fingerling weights all the up to rug
yarns. Also there is probably every brand of yarn you can think
of.....LOL......and the condition of most of the yarn was really good ,
almost new, of corse being stored just in plaic bags in a garage, some
of it did end up as a home for mice. But I threw very little away, and
at that price I really didn't mind..!

Thank god that the department store had those 20 gallon plastic tote
storage containers on sale for like 3 bucks a piece. I must have bought
30 of them to store all of the yarn in.

It took four of those containers for just all of the Olive Greens, this
woman must of really loved that color. I never knew there were so many
different tints and shades of Olive. I never really cared that much for
Olive Green, BUT when you put them all together in a afghan, they look
pretty darn good together.....LOL

It was great to find such a yarn stash , but there is one draw back ,
there is not enough of one color to make a sweater , or a afghan with.
And alot of the colors are not around any more.
So everything gets to be multi-colored.....LOL ...like scrap yarn
afghans.

bart

Old May 22nd 04, 06:36 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Bart,

Just think of all the sweaters, jackets and things you can make, like the coat
of many colors comes to mind. I bet the store clerk wondered what you were
going to do with all the containers. LOL

Still a great buy no matter what.

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 24th 04, 12:43 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

OT - was Oh Yeah ! Bart words fail me - what a great find. Somehow it
reminded me of a tenant we once had while away on a trip. When we came
back he had a large punching bad hanging up and the first thing Frank did
was to proceed to get ridof it and since it would not fit in the garbage tin
he undid it to see if he could "scatter" the contents - to his amazement it
contained lengths of fabric and some knitting yarn which he brought in to me
to see if I could use it ( he had to be kidding !!). I made about four
jumpers if I remember correctly and also three blouses - all from the
contents of a punching bag !! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Yeah, nice. Al Kyder Glass 15 September 27th 04 04:03 AM
Yeah! I got another SM Barbara Raper Quilting 6 June 8th 04 03:34 AM
more Dear Jane blocks finished - Yeah! Medium Gnome Quilting 5 October 3rd 03 03:59 PM
yeah. tigger is done Angela livesay Needlework 1 July 30th 03 08:33 PM
"Buying" fabric ... yeah ... Donna in Idaho Quilting 4 July 12th 03 06:27 PM