OT again - Nothing but complaining

Old December 17th 03, 07:48 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default OT again - Nothing but complaining

Ladies, I know I have spoken OT all too much lately. But what else could I
do? I have complained about my Dad...and here comes more of that category.
You see, no matter how many pills of iron I eat, he just says "Your iron
level should be over 100". And if I do not eat in the morning, he says that
too. He keeps reminding me about it all the time. Like I could forget!!!! I
could scream!!!!!! Sometimes I feel he wants me to die away or something...I
do not know what is bothering him. I have not forgotten my iron treatment,
even I feel better now. Sorry this rant...it just makes me so frustrated. No
matter how much I eat, he just reminds me of iron thing.
Best: Pirjo

Old December 17th 03, 10:26 AM
Ophelia

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" wrote in message
Ladies, I know I have spoken OT all too much lately. But what else could I
do? I have complained about my Dad...and here comes more of that category.
You see, no matter how many pills of iron I eat, he just says "Your iron
level should be over 100". And if I do not eat in the morning, he says

that
too. He keeps reminding me about it all the time. Like I could forget!!!!

could scream!!!!!! Sometimes I feel he wants me to die away or

something...I
do not know what is bothering him. I have not forgotten my iron treatment,
even I feel better now. Sorry this rant...it just makes me so frustrated.

No
matter how much I eat, he just reminds me of iron thing.

I expect he is worrying about you.

Old December 17th 03, 02:11 PM
Janise Ross

Parents are like that, Pirjo. I know I constantly remind (well, ok, nag) my
children to do things. It's just because we love our children and want them
to do well, eat well, feel well, etc.

Janise

Old December 17th 03, 02:47 PM
Sonya Cirillo

Pirjo:

No matter how frustrating it is for you - it's more so for your
parents!!! It is so painful to have a loved one with medical problems
and there isn't a thing you can do about it. . . other than keep
reminding you to eat properly. It's because your Dad loves you so, that
he nags.

I have to watch myself with my son - he isn't taking high school very
seriously (mainly C's & D's on the first report card) - it's not that
he's not capable, he just doesn't feel like extending himself - won't
study any, forgets to turn in homework/reports. If his life ambition
was to become a factory worker or to go into construction or one of the
other trades than, OK, as long as he graduates from high school but
he wants to go into Palenotalogy (sp!) rolling eyes you need *good*
grades and the typical teenage response: "yeah, whatever".

sigh

So try and cut your Dad a little slack - maybe you can make a deal with
him - see if he can try and keep the nags down to once a day or so

Hope things pick up more for you!

Sonya

Old December 17th 03, 06:58 PM
Brian D

Hey Sonya.....

I have one of those sons too lol! He breezed through 9 and 10 and now is in
11 and finding things rather tough....Math and Physics. And exactly what
you say...capable but doesn't want to extend himself...couldn't have said it
better myself. He's going to get a bit shock when he applies for university
next year I'm afraid. My son wants to enter the Engineering Program and like
you say...good marks are what he needs!
"Yeah Whatever" is definitely a very frequently used line in his vocab too!
Anyway, just had to add my 2 cents worth to this post also.

Donna from Ontario , Canada
Who just NEVER NAGS lmao!
Don't ask my kids though!

Old December 17th 03, 07:38 PM
NoraBalcer

Pirjo,

Yes, your Dad nags because he loves you, don't forget that. Now, he may not be
feeling well either, but doesn't want to worry you. I know when DH doesn't feel
well he is like a gouchy bear and I can tell right away. You just keep eating
the right food and you'll be better. Oh yes, come here and tell us any time you
want, that's what friends and family are for.

Hugs,

Auntie Nora
Old December 18th 03, 01:56 AM
Katherine

OH, Pirjo, he is just concerned about you, and that is from love. It is like
us telling you what to eat - just because we care.
Hugs,
Katherine

Old December 18th 03, 07:16 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Oh Auntie...Thank you first. The card...it had come yesterday but I was out
like a light all day. This morning I came back to my senses again. And then
this iron stuff...I know he cares. Sometimes I just wonder....well..maybe it
is as you told me...But when it comes from you, I do not take it as 'they
are complaining, no matter how much I try do improve my situation'. That is
how I feel when Dad is in question.
Best: Pirjo
"NoraBalcer" kirjoitti

Old December 18th 03, 07:18 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

I know, Katherine. I know. Have not mentioned about parsley (heeeeey, I
remembered that word and even wrote it right!). Should maybe. I do not
know...I....vomited yesterday morning. Felt sick when I woke up and took a
sip of drink. Vomited at work. But do not panic ladies, I am fine now. I was
OK all day after that. Just was careful with eating..and that was all. Now
my body takes food again just like it should be. Hmm...I just wonder...was
it because I ate 4 pills of one certain thing the day before yesterday....?
Best: Pirjo
"Katherine" kirjoitti