Allaya and Laine

Old November 13th 03, 10:19 PM
Allaya Diep

LOL!

That doesn't sound too far off from how I would probably react! hehehe

I was on the verge of "freak out" when I saw the first breast milk stools
and perplexed at how they could possibly turn saffron yellow...

Allaya

"Claire" wrote in message
It seems pretty obvious that mothers just seem to know best, doesn't it?
I'm beginning to learn that maybe everybody else with "more experience"
doesn't necessarily know my baby.

Allaya

True, but wait till you think something is wrong- most new mothers are
entitled to at least one 'freak out' over something trivial- I lost it
completely when my first baby developed a band of spots around his

abdomen -
which, of course, I discovered in the middle of the night. The spots

didn't
match anything in the 'Hideous Baby Diseases' books I'd collected and the
only illness I could think of that had bands of spots around the trunk was
shingles. I was practically hysterical in the wee small hours, convinced
that my baby had some horrid rare tropical infection (obviously incurable
and probably fatal) and that it was all my fault. Luckily I telephoned my
mother first (having sent my husband to get the car out of the garage so

we
could rush the baby to the nearest hospital)- she asked a couple of

obvious
questions and then pointed out that it was nappy rash and we hadn't been
cleaned him far enough up his front at the last nappy change (his father's
fault- gosh, he really copped it when he walked through the door!)

It was probably lack of sleep, insane over-protectiveness and the
overwhelming responsibility of it all that caused me to fly off the deep

end
quite so madly but I must admit to doing nearly the same thing with my
second....

Claire

Old November 14th 03, 03:13 AM
Els van Dam

In article 3sTsb.762$cX1.613@fed1read02, "Allaya Diep"
wrote:

LOL!

That doesn't sound too far off from how I would probably react! hehehe

I was on the verge of "freak out" when I saw the first breast milk stools
and perplexed at how they could possibly turn saffron yellow...

Allaya

Motherhood.......LOL

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....