Ot i wanted for once to see

Old August 25th 03, 04:25 AM
Dr. Brat

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:
What I don't understand is why *anyone* wastes their time and energy in these
"debates" with Mirjam! She doesn't seem to read or comprehend what anyone says
and things are twisted way out of whack!

I'm wasting my energy because it suits me to. I'm tied in absolute
knots about stuff going on here at home and Mirjam's just too tempting a
punching bag, honestly. I mean, if she didn't spout such crap, it'd be
a lot easier to ignore her. As it is, it helps me vent.

I know it's not a popular recommendation, but I keep telling you guys to do
what the Amish (I think it's the Amish) do. When Mirjam gets in one of thses
snits of hers you have to absolutely, TOTALLY ignore her. Shun the poor, foggy
brained soul until she gets back on a needlework topic. Her needlework related
stuff is usually great. Anything else ends up looking totally whacko!

You're right, of course. I should ignore her completely, especially as,
unlike you, I find her needlework related stuff to be less than useless.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old August 25th 03, 09:38 AM
Pat Porter

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote When exactly did Dianne
ever call you whining or playing the victim?
I do remember her joining this group who claims thuis ridicolous
claim.
comparison with Dutchie does here ....

Different than what?

i did not bring up this comparison with Dutchie , Dianne did , have no
clue why ???

Well if Dianne didn`t, I certainly do - and I`m not alone! LOL!

Pat P

Old August 25th 03, 09:49 AM
Pat Porter

"Dr. Brat" wrote I know it's not a popular
recommendation, but I keep telling you guys to do
what the Amish (I think it's the Amish) do. When Mirjam gets in one of

thses
snits of hers you have to absolutely, TOTALLY ignore her. Shun the

poor, foggy
brained soul until she gets back on a needlework topic. Her needlework

related
stuff is usually great. Anything else ends up looking totally whacko!

You're right, of course. I should ignore her completely, especially as,
unlike you, I find her needlework related stuff to be less than useless.

Elizabeth

I`m glad you mentioned that, Elizabeth. Having seen pictures of her work, I
understand what a lot of work goes into it, but I could only wonder "to what
purpose?" Not all our tastes are the same or we`d ALL have bundles of rags
hanging on our walls. In fairness, it might look better in real life than
it does in photographs. Of course I`d never dream of having a Picasso
desecrating my wall either, so if that makes me a Philistine, I`ll
cheerfully accept that.

Pat P.

Old August 25th 03, 10:36 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lucretia Borgia Sheena
I wrote that i am not going to answer this deliberate inflamatory
remark , because we have been througfht this several times, You know i
am a surviver , you know i am researching Official documents, about
the Holocaust, And You should Know that comparing the situation here
to that times is NOT TRUE. The Palestinians and We are at WAR a horrid
war , and in this war we both get hurt badly. Terrorizing civilians is
is a crime against Humanity!!!!
Most of all I feel that telling me I must never forget how terrible
the holocaust was (and I am not a nay sayer, I know that it happened
and it was a shameful thing) while I can see them perpetrating
horrors on Palestinians seems to say to me that they have convenient
memories or that it is okay for them to do what they condemn in
another.

As I just had to call my Colleague in the Archives of the Dutch Jewry
in the Lohamee Ha Getaot Museum. to be sure about a certain term. i
read to her your letter. She said to me to ask you where the
concentrarion camps and the gas chambers are ? She said that i
specailly who have in my box .official Red Cross documemts that say My
Grandparents and aunts were Gassed to death , and on the other hand am
busy in various Peace making activities , should not hesitate
answering you in this manner .So i took her advice , You are just
inciting, and you are wrong .
i am not goping to answer this deliberate inflamotory remark ,,

No people always say that. Can it be because in your heart you know
that it is so unattractive, that we look and we say well where is the
difference ? They are doing their best to obliterate the
Palestinians as Hitler did his best to obliterate POW's, Gypsies,
Jews, handicapped persons, etc. ? It is not said to inflame, it is
said because that is how I see it.

Based on what ?????
mirjam
A surviver of the Dutch Jews , Of whom 78% have been murdered in the
Holocaust .
Old August 25th 03, 10:38 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Good Morning Dawne ! and thank you again,
You took this words right out of my mind
mirjam [ peeping in before having a good cleaning day ]
For being honest , serious , human and discussing it on equal level

with me .

If we cannot remember that we are all only human, what hope is there?? May
tomorrow be a peaceful day for you.
Dawne

Old August 25th 03, 11:17 AM
Pat Porter

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
[...]

What fills me with despair about the Israeli/Palestinian situation, is the
idea that Mirjam is "working for Peace". If Mirjam is an example of Israeli
"Peace-workers" what hope IS there? A less peaceful person (judging from her
posts on here) it would be hard to find.

Pat P.

Old August 25th 03, 04:10 PM
Jmgreenfld

I have to disagree with you, Pat. You have no idea of what Mirjam's daily life
is like, and who she would contact on a daily basis. Living in Israel means
living side by side, Arab and Jew, and most people actually get along just
fine, believe it or not. I have many friends and relatives who spend great
amounts of time all over Israel, and all comment on how the "regular folk"
co-exist better than we all think. It's when the military and politicians get
involved that the problems begin.

I've been reading this newsgroup for many, many years, and still drop in to
look for needlework info. I am very disappointed by the tone of many of these
posts, some of which are blatantly anti-semetic.

Mirjam's posts may incite reaction here on rctn, but so do a lot of your own.
Several "regulars" on this group post negative or nasty posts on a frequent
basis. It's taken a lot of the fun out of reading rctn for many of us,
unfortunately.

-JoyceG in WA

Pat Porter had this to say:

Old August 25th 03, 10:05 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Elizabeth

Thank you Elizabeth [ I have not seen the original post ] for this
almost accurate explanation and correcting Sheena `s incitive post=
with deliberate false facts.

Wel at least you recognize, i did give you a compliment , and i was
not expecting perfection , i really meant my thanks.
Why is it that you can never give a compliment without slapping someone
at the same time? "almost accurate." What the hell do you want in a
paragraph? I'm so sorry it wasn't perfect.
In 1967, Israel attacked Egypt and Syria, not the other way around.
Please do not distort history.

After 3 weeks of being under threat, Israel Gave the First Hit , and
the whole world parised her for it , I reemmber the time i had a small
baby we prepared shelters , not a young man was home , and the country
was frozen from any Economic activity as all men sat on the borders
preparing for the Joinedattack of Syria + Egypt + Theit Soviet
advisers , all Rdaio wave lengths were ful with Russian talking ,,,
Radoi Kahir ,' divided ' the country and threatened All of us ,,, so
finnlay the Country hit the first Aerial hit to save all.
Of course nowadays Other countries can Fly Hours from their borders
and attack other countries , we were threatend over our Cities from
next door countries ,,,,
I doubt it, but "from your lips to god's ears..."

Elizabeth

Aha well i have seen many a miracle in my life , this is after all
the Holy country !!!! And as many of us help to push it forward ,,,,
We will see it in our life .
mirjam

Wanted genuine African art and antiques nordend Marketplace 0 December 17th 04 07:44 AM
Sort of OT - Building a Teaching Studio: Input Wanted Tinkster Beads 10 December 11th 04 05:22 AM
wanted: glass blowing torch Lloyd Glass 2 November 10th 04 03:30 AM
torch wanted S. Daly Glass 0 October 1st 04 12:48 AM
I am new to the group, and just wanted to introduce myself:) glassaffinity Beads 1 July 22nd 04 01:32 AM