Old Handprint in Cement

Old November 3rd 04, 12:08 AM
Marcy

Default Old Handprint in Cement

Hello. I am a new poster to this board.

When I was very small, my mom pressed my hand into some cement that
was poured in our driveway. It has been some 30 years since (it's so
cute!). Anyway, I would like to pour plaster or something into the
handprint, allow it to dry, and voila, my little hand will be
portable. I assume I need to line the print with something so the
plaster will pop out. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Many
thanks for suggestions.

Marcy
Old November 4th 04, 08:51 PM
DianeGlassAttic

Hi Marcy,

This is a newsgroup for people interested in polymer clay.

Now you *could* put polymer clay into the cement, then carefully remove it and
bake for maybe an hour at 265-275 degrees (resting it on its back side on a
cookie sheet, etc.). But if you want to use plaster, here are some sites that
can tell you all about releases used for cement, etc:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ement+mold+rel
ease+plaster

Might try these too:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...laster+casting
+release+cement

You might also want to look for a newsgroup that deals with molding and casting
for more informed info.

Good luck!

Diane B.
http://www.glassattic.com ...... polymer clay "encyclopedia"

.........if sending me e-mail, DO NOT USE THIS AOL address (or I may never see
it!) Use this address instead:

..

Old Handprint in Cement Marcy General Crafting 6 November 14th 04 12:07 AM
Hypo Cement and Audio books Christina Peterson Beads 1 June 14th 04 07:37 PM
What is watchmaker's cement? Where can I get it in the UK? Typo Beads 17 March 13th 04 05:44 PM
What is watchmaker's cement? Where can I get it in the UK? Typo Jewelry 7 March 13th 04 04:49 PM
how do I refresh contact cement Jeff Glass 7 August 24th 03 06:09 AM