Copper

Old September 6th 03, 01:00 AM
starlia

Default Copper

I tried to mix some colors last night. I accidentally came across a new
copper color by mixing silver on a dark ivory rod. The copper that came
through was very pretty and reminded me on the new copper rods. Just
thought I'd pass this information along.

Starlia

Old September 6th 03, 01:56 AM
Dr. Sooz

I accidentally came across a new
copper color by mixing silver on a dark ivory rod. The copper that came
through was very pretty and reminded me on the new copper rods.

Can we see it?!?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 6th 03, 04:12 AM
starlia

Here is a photo of the silver on dark ivory. I burned a lot of the silver
off this one, but left a little for contrast. You can see that I left part
of the ivory alone for a better view of the process.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sta...w=t&.hire s=t

Old September 6th 03, 10:25 PM
CLP

ditto

--
It could work.

Live and be well,
Christy
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I got an error message and could not see the picture -- sorry.

me too.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old September 7th 03, 05:31 PM
Bacchae

"starlia" wrote in message ...

I tried to mix some colors last night. I accidentally came

across a new
copper color by mixing silver on a dark ivory rod. The

copper that came
through was very pretty and reminded me on the new copper

rods. Just
thought I'd pass this information along.

Good on you for "discovering" this technique on your own but
you'll find that it is a well-known one. You'll often see the
terms "silvered ivory" or "antiqued ivory" used when explaining
beads made with this technique.

You might want to try your silvered ivory stringer on
turquoise, it is a neat effect.

- Sandy

Old September 8th 03, 05:36 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"starlia" wrote:

That sounds pretty. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

You can try "silvering" many other colors, too... heat the end of a rod
and wrap silver leaf around it, burnish it in well, reheat and pull into
stringer... some colors have great results, so so-so, and some look
so-so but turn out to be great when you use them in combination with
certain other colors. Play and have fun!

--
-Kalera

---------

see my auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old September 8th 03, 10:25 PM
starlia

I really like the deep blue/grey I get from baby blue and the black. Yummy
colors. It's almost the color of my dog, Trinkett. She is a blue
Chihuahua. I made a blue Chihuahua for my friend out of that color last
night.

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
In article ,
"starlia" wrote:

That sounds pretty. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

You can try "silvering" many other colors, too... heat the end of a rod
and wrap silver leaf around it, burnish it in well, reheat and pull into
stringer... some colors have great results, so so-so, and some look
so-so but turn out to be great when you use them in combination with
certain other colors. Play and have fun!

--
-Kalera

---------

see my auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe

Bali Silver -- What's the Deal? saucy Beads 16 August 21st 03 03:21 PM
Pearls and Copper Valerie Beads 4 August 5th 03 02:05 AM
new wire questions - 7/25/2003 Marisa Cappetta Beads 18 August 4th 03 08:25 PM
For the Copper lovers Karen_AZ Beads 1 August 1st 03 11:27 PM