? about amulet bags

Old July 2nd 04, 05:19 AM
Candace

Default ? about amulet bags

I've been working on a peyote cuff since an hour after my book and beady
package arrived from Marisa2. She sent me some lovely gun metal grey seed
beads, which I think are 10/0's. And I think she sent almost a whole dang hank
of them So I saw that and said Peyote Time, baby! As of right now, I've got
enough to cover the back of my wirst, done in two drop peyote (my first time
with this variation, and it looks great with these beads) However, the dang
thing is more than two inches wide, if not two and a half. So I'm thinking it
may turn out to be too wide for comfort. (I used 40 beads in the first/second
row, so I add 20 with every new row, in pairs of two)

Since I started it going cross-wise instead of lengthwise, my side edges are
flat, and the top and bottom ends are stepped. Could I turn this into an
amulet bag without being able to "zip" the sides closed? I was thinking I
could add short fringe along the sides to cover the exposed thread, and a flap
would cover the steps at the top edges. Any opinions? TIA

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 3rd 04, 09:46 PM
Marisa2

I sure can't answer any of the questions, but if it helps, yes, they are
10/0s.

marisa2

Candace wrote:

[...]

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

Old July 4th 04, 04:39 AM
Candace

Snippity from Kathy N-V

Have you considered wrapping your beaded piece around a bit of rope
and making a bangle?

Kathy N-V

I thought about it, but if I curl it (like it would be if I wrapped it around a
rope) the dang thing is HUGE. It would sit out from my wrist almost an
inch--not attractive at all.

Adam says I should do it and hide weapons inside. It's that big. Or fill it
with shot pellets, close up the ends, and use it for a billy club. Yeah, he's
so helpful

In order to narrow it a bit, I would need to go in a few rows and secure it
where I want to make a new edge and then cut off the excess, right? Eesh. I
might just leave it as is. I mean, I've seen (and have worn) cuffs as wide or
wider than this. Once I get it finished, I'll know for sure wether or not it
will work.

Thank you for the suggestions, Kathy--I may apply them in the future
And thank you, Marisa2, for confirming that they are indeed 10/0's.