dumb question about circular needles

Old May 17th 04, 01:00 AM
Kristine Quilici

Default dumb question about circular needles

What is the minimum number of stitches that are required for 16" circular
needles? Just wondering because I am going to start the swatch for my latest
and greatest project (a Dale sweater) and don't want to put on a bunch of
stitches but don't want to do two circulars either. Thanks.
Kristine

Old May 17th 04, 01:16 AM
Llaurie

"Kristine Quilici" wrote in message
.com...
What is the minimum number of stitches that are required for 16" circular
needles? Just wondering because I am going to start the swatch for my

latest
and greatest project (a Dale sweater) and don't want to put on a bunch of
stitches but don't want to do two circulars either. Thanks.
Kristine

Hi Kristine
Theres a neat site that shows you how to knit circularily on just _one_
circ..and you can do a small amount of stitches if you need to ( or more)
http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/mloop.html

I'm used to knitting alot on two circs ( i like to knit socks and to make
both at a time, as 'fraternal" rather than identicals)
Hope that helps
laurie

Old May 17th 04, 02:56 AM
Carol In WI

It is more dumb to not ask a question and never know the answer. Carol In
WI