ALERT: More Facebook Privacy Changes

Old December 15th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default ALERT: More Facebook Privacy Changes

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Last week, Facebook made some privacy changes that would expose some of
your information to "everyone", unless you change your settings from
that automatic pre-set.

Here's another change:

If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically index all
your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this
option, go to Settings -- Privacy Settings -- Search -- then UN-CLICK
the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy
and paste onto your status for all your friends ASAP.

A good reason, if you're on Facebook, to check on a regular basis to see
what changes they've made, and not let your account remain dormant for
weeks at a time.

When I hear about something like this, I do post a message about it, but
that doesn't help those friends who only check FB once every 3 months.

I passed the warning along to DD, who responded with this:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/indexing.asp

--
Susan Hartman
Old December 15th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:
Karen C - Calif wrote:
[...]

Snopes is my best friend!!

Gill
Old December 15th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Susan Hartman wrote:
Karen C - Calif wrote:
[...]

How can she be your best friend??? She's mine, so there!!!! How many best
friends can one website have????

Old December 15th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:
Karen C - Calif wrote:
[...]

Honeybunch...may we share????
LOL Good thing I checked spell check...I had it as "homey" LOLOL

Yo!