Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours??

Old December 23rd 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Spot[_2_]

Default Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours??

Fast Orange hand cleaner works great to remove sticker glue off items.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

"Sterling" wrote in message
Mine -

For several years now, I've been buying these great clear
multi-compartment storage boxes at ACMoore to keep my beads in. When I
first started using them as my storage solution, they were perfect - and
still are in many ways. Recently, however, they started putting a sticker
on the top of each box. A STICKER on a CLEAR box! Can anyone tell me
why? I mean, it costs money for the adhesive for the sticker and there is
definitely no need for it. They used to put a plain label under the
cellophane cover. That worked great cause all I had to do is peel away
the cellophane and throw it and the label away. Now, they put stickers on
the top. Does this make any sense?? I mean the reason we buy CLEAR boxes
is because we want to see whats inside the box - right?

I just spent an hour and untold amounts of lighter fluid cleaning these
pesky labels off the top... Yeah, it would be easier to just buy a
different box, but when you set up your bead storage with a certain kind
of container, you want to continue to use that same container.... UUGH!!
Whats with the sticky labels??

Sterling

Old December 23rd 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

aah! That was gonna be my next question: What everyone uses to get sticker adhesive off plastic
and glass containers. Thanks for the info.

Sterling

Old December 24th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Dec 23, 4:02 am, "Spot" wrote:
Fast Orange hand cleaner works great to remove sticker glue off items.

Celeste

Thanks from me too (I don't have a dish washer to put it through like
Melinda does, my dish washer's name is Maren).

*
/\ Mele Kalikimaka
/ o\ e Hauoli Makahiki Hou
/o \
/ \ Maren
`||'
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old December 24th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
melinda[_2_]

Spot wrote:
Fast Orange hand cleaner works great to remove sticker glue off items.

Celeste

Eucalyptus oil is good too, but I'm not sure if it's entirely
safe to use on plastic.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 29th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Rubbing alcohol can get some stickers off once you get the paper off, or
as much as you can.
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

melinda wrote:
Spot wrote:
Fast Orange hand cleaner works great to remove sticker glue off items.

Celeste

Eucalyptus oil is good too, but I'm not sure if it's entirely
safe to use on plastic.

Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours?? Shirley Shone Beads 1 December 23rd 08 01:58 PM
Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours?? Maren at google Beads 0 December 23rd 08 08:46 AM
Knitting Peeves? DA Yarn 90 October 13th 05 08:05 PM
Pet peeves when looking at auctions Su/Cutworks Beads 12 January 22nd 05 11:03 PM
OT- Pet peeves Joanne Passmore Quilting 35 January 18th 05 06:52 AM