2 new designs + your tendinitis tips update

Old October 14th 04, 04:27 PM
Lynne Nicoletti

Default 2 new designs + your tendinitis tips update

Hi, I hope everyone's keeping well and making the most of these last,
beautiful Fall days. If you have a moment, I'd like to invite you to
stop by and see 2 new designs. One is a 1950's-based 'Hidden Images'
piece that's a companion to my earlier "Far Out: Hippy" design... (yes,
I do plan on working my way through several eras).
The other, a simple illustrated letter, was inspired by Voltaire's
lovely words about Love (which just happen to be very appropriate to
stitchers)... "Love is a Canvas, Furnished by Nature and Embroidered by
Imagination". The charms needed to complete both these pieces are
included in their respective chartpacks and you can see them at
http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/new.html .
I'd also like to point out that the Design Storyboards for each of these
pieces (giving details of the development of designs from basic sketches
to finished charts) are now available through the "Design Storyboards"
link at the foot of the above page.
Stitchers have been extremely kind and generous with their best wishes
and advice for coping with de Quervain's Tendinitis. The 'Tendinitis
Tips' page has now been updated to include many of your terrific
ideas... http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/dequervainstips.html. This page
is becoming a great resource for those of us with RSI's and I'm very
grateful for your help.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message and for
checking out my new pieces... have a great afternoon,
Lynne Nicoletti

Old October 16th 04, 03:47 PM
Darla

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:27:16 -0400, "Lynne Nicoletti"
wrote:

"Far Out: Hippy" design...

Actually, the spelling generally used in the '60s was Hippie, not
Hippy. Similarly, Trekkie, not Trekky. And cookie, not cooky.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Picture Trail Gallery: www.picturetrail.com User Name: Condorita
www.sisquoc.blog-city.com
Get naked to respond.
Old October 17th 04, 04:07 PM
SEL

Thanks for the heads-up Lynne I loved stitching the Far Out Hippy
design - this one looks like equal fun. So it will be making its way to my
Qsnaps as soon as I get over this tendinitis.

Now, what will you be doing for the '70s ? I could send you some photos for
inspiration. Right now I just use them for blackmailing my brother LOL Or
the 1920's flapper girls, now they'd be fun !

Oh and a note for my fellow stitchers here - definitely check out Lynne's
deQuervain's page. Believe me, up until about 2 months ago I thought it
could only happen to someone else. But I'm now banned from stitching for
the forseeable future until this clears up. So take a look around you - not
only at your computer set up, but also at how you stitch. Make sure it's as
"ergonomically" correct as humanly possible. If you can avoid this pain and
discomfort, believe me you'll be incredibly thankful.

Shannon L.

Old October 17th 04, 05:37 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"SEL" had some very interesting things to say
about 2 new designs + your tendinitis tips update:

Oh and a note for my fellow stitchers here - definitely check out Lynne's
deQuervain's page. Believe me, up until about 2 months ago I thought it
could only happen to someone else. But I'm now banned from stitching for
the forseeable future until this clears up. So take a look around you - not
only at your computer set up, but also at how you stitch. Make sure it's as
"ergonomically" correct as humanly possible. If you can avoid this pain and
discomfort, believe me you'll be incredibly thankful.

Got URL? :-)

Old October 17th 04, 09:36 PM
SEL

Got URL? :-)

http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/dequervainstips.html is the link to Lynne's
site

Other sites I've used too include:
http://www.handsurgerynorthjersey.co...eQuervains.asp
http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/hw008.htm

and many others - let me know if you'd like more.

I know that alot of people have found relief from cortisone shots. Which is
fabulous. I've now had 16 cortisone shots, and wear braces on both wrists
and arms, and have yet to find relief. Such is my luck though

Shannon L.

Old October 18th 04, 07:52 PM
Lynne Nicoletti

"SEL" wrote in message

Oh and a note for my fellow stitchers here - definitely check out

Lynne's
deQuervain's page. Believe me, up until about 2 months ago I thought

it
could only happen to someone else. But I'm now banned from stitching

for
the forseeable future until this clears up. So take a look around

you - not
only at your computer set up, but also at how you stitch. Make sure

it's as
"ergonomically" correct as humanly possible. If you can avoid this

pain and
discomfort, believe me you'll be incredibly thankful.

She also wrote: I know that alot of people have found relief from
cortisone shots. Which is fabulous. I've now had 16 cortisone shots, and
wear braces on both wrists
and arms, and have yet to find relief. Such is my luck though

I'm very sorry to hear, Shannon, that even 16 cortisone shots haven't
managed to give you any relief from your Tendinitis. It's really quite
demoralizing to find that you're not only unable to do the things you
love, but that the things you hate (laundry and housework come so
readily to mind!) cause so much pain. Have you discussed any of the
other options with your doctor? Is it possible that you could make an
appointment with the Fowler-Kennedy Clinic? The "jocks" in our family
love to tell me that both Eric Lindros and Steve Yzerman were treated at
this facility.

Investing in a floor-stand has ensured that stitching doesn't provide an
opportunity for Tendinitis to re-revisit but, despite your advice,
Shannon, I'd completely overlooked my computer area. Updating my site
last week took a couple of days and created aches and pains all over. I
visited the Ergocube site that you mentioned (http://www.ergocube.com)
and, as a result, am now typing this message from an ergonomically
designed keyboard and resting my feet on a slightly sloped, home-made
foot-rest. This particular piece of advice (use a foot-rest!) should
have been unnecessary since it's only too obvious that my feet never
reached the floor without one!!!

Thanks for the heads-up Lynne I loved stitching the Far Out Hippy
design - this one looks like equal fun. So it will be making its way

to my
Qsnaps as soon as I get over this tendinitis.
Now, what will you be doing for the '70s ? I could send you some

photos for
inspiration. Right now I just use them for blackmailing my brother

LOL Or
the 1920's flapper girls, now they'd be fun !

Thank you very much for checking out the new era-based design... I'm
glad you liked it and that you had fun with the 'Far Out: Hippy/Hippie'
piece. Designing it was an excellent excuse to search out Mood Rings
and Lava Lamps and to then spend quite some time watching them change...
solely for the purpose of rendering them in cross stitch, of course :-)
It also gave good reason to explore some of the fascinating hippy/hippie
sites on the Interent, watch Woodstock and Alice's Restaurant (again)
and to search out a bottle of Patchouli oil (a big mistake as it turned
out... not good for perfume allergies!!)

Things haven't yet solidified in my head for the next piece, Shannon.
Marc (our son) and I have spent some time talking about the 'flavour' of
his childhood and there are several other eras that beckon. I'll
definitely keep your offer of incriminating family photos in mind though
:-)

Old October 18th 04, 11:05 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I've been following this thread with interest - because it's
interesting, it's pertinent to our daily lives, the subject comes up
every so often, it's affected me.

All of us should remember the maxim: If it hurts, stop doing what
you're doing. Investigate causes and solutions. A little pain is not
ok. Continuing to work in pain will cause us untold grief in the long
run.

Dianne