Strands of Floss

Old January 26th 05, 06:59 PM
Darla

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:31:03 GMT, Lucretia Borgia
wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have another candidate for annual
"debate" status... Let 'er rip!

Lucille said:
Well then what's to happen to us snippets? Snippets all over unite and rid
the land of this ort thing.

Sheena replied:
Down with snippets, orts rule

Yeppers, a real, lick or not lick, mayo or miracle whip one lol

Don't forget the grain/no-grain part!
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Picture Trail Gallery: www.picturetrail.com User Name: Condorita
www.sisquoc.blog-city.com
Get naked to respond.
Old January 26th 05, 08:26 PM
Lucille

Lucille said:
Well then what's to happen to us snippets? Snippets all over unite and
rid
the land of this ort thing.

Sheena replied:
Down with snippets, orts rule

Yeppers, a real, lick or not lick, mayo or miracle whip one lol

Don't forget the grain/no-grain part!
Darla

Hey now, I've been told over and over that there is no grain and you can use
them upside down or sideways without a grain. Are you trying to tell me
different?

If you need me I'll be in the closet hiding from the grain police!!!

Lucille

Old January 26th 05, 10:55 PM
Judy

"Liz Hampton" wrote in message

Looked in Concise Oxford Dictionary and much to my surprise there was
'orts' meaning 'refuse scraps' , leavings. Looked in
'hyperdictionary' and it gave 'A small scrap or leaving of food after
a meal is completed, or a scrap; a bit', and the related words
included garbage, bones and rubbish

I'm definitely on the side of snippets; Dictionary def - a small
piece cut off. After all they aren't rubbish, but useful things and
really stash waiting to be used. Its a lively and pretty word.

But orts ...sounds too much like cold brussels sprouts, congealed
gravy and messy plates!

Sally

But the pieces that I call orts ARE scraps and bits. They are either too
short, frayed or warn to be used anymore. They're definitely NOT part of
my
stash anymore. Maybe be have a confusion of terms here and are actually
talking about snippets AND orts? "Snippets" could be the longer pieces
that
we can maybe get one or two more stitches out of and "orts" could truly be
those scrap pieces that are not going to be used no matter what. :-))
Liz from Humbug
P.S. Besides, I actually like Brussels sprouts - even cold. :-))))) You
can keep the congealed gravy though, and I would love to send you my
messy
plates.

brilliant!!
I like brussel sprouts too. I find that a lot of people have never had them
cooked well. I grew them for a long time and some of my kids got sick of
them, but some still love them.
Judy

Old January 26th 05, 11:12 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/26/05 5:55 PM, in article 0eVJd.577$ck5.78@trnddc05, "Judy"
wrote:

[...]

I love them - the rest of family won't eat them. Some time I have to try
this recipe for them shredded with a "butter curry".

Cheryl

Old January 26th 05, 11:49 PM
Lucille

wrote:

[...]

Butter curry sound interesting. Try it and if you like it let us know.

Ms.. Snippet--aka Ms. Picky Eater-aka Puff's mother

Lucille

Old January 26th 05, 11:58 PM
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Well, if I am still feeling "better" ( a relative term right now) in the AM,
I am planning to hit the grocery store. If there are some sprouts, I'll make
it for lunch.

Something I love is a curried fruit fried rice. It's good hot, good cold as
a salad.

Cheryl

Old January 27th 05, 12:14 AM
Lucille

wrote:

[...]

I really am a picky eater and I'm not a rice lover so I'll bow out on that
one. But thanks anyway.

Lucille

Old January 27th 05, 01:02 AM
Judy

wrote:

[...]

That sounds good. Care to share it?
Judy

Old January 27th 05, 02:21 AM
Karen C - California

Joan writes:
For those of you who can't decide which it should be, maybe the term
should be "sniports"!

How about "snort"?
--
Finished 12/8/04 -- Army bear ornament
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 27th 05, 03:42 AM
Lucille

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

[...]

:-))
[...]

See! See! (jumping up and down!)

You're so right. I carefully pick my food, I pick my clothing, I pick my
pets and I pick my friends.

Don't jump too high. With your saturated floors you'll sink in the rug.

Lucille