1" Grommets

Old November 8th 05, 11:56 PM
Mignon

Default 1" Grommets

Hello! I have made great drapes and purchased a really nice rod; then it
occurred to me that I need to have 1" grommets. I've checked all of our
local fabric stores and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know a source
for 1" grommets, along with the appropriate sized punch?

Thanks!

--
Mignon

Old November 9th 05, 12:06 AM
Arri London

Mignon wrote:

Hello! I have made great drapes and purchased a really nice rod; then it
occurred to me that I need to have 1" grommets. I've checked all of our
local fabric stores and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know a source
for 1" grommets, along with the appropriate sized punch?

Thanks!

--
Mignon

Try a craft shop or an art supply shop.
Old November 9th 05, 12:07 AM
small change

Arri London wrote:
Mignon wrote:

Hello! I have made great drapes and purchased a really nice rod;
then it occurred to me that I need to have 1" grommets. I've checked
all of our local fabric stores and can't find them anywhere. Does
anyone know a source for 1" grommets, along with the appropriate
sized punch?

Thanks!

--
Mignon

Try a craft shop or an art supply shop.

or a leather place or
www.owfinc.com

Old November 9th 05, 04:29 AM
Allison

Grommets for a 1" rod are available here (but are expensive):

http://www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html?cat287.htm

Old November 9th 05, 04:42 AM
JAbusheery

Mignon wrote:
Hello! I have made great drapes and purchased a really nice rod; then it
occurred to me that I need to have 1" grommets. I've checked all of our
local fabric stores and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know a source
for 1" grommets, along with the appropriate sized punch?

Thanks!

Sounds strange but I've seen large grommets at Home Depot in the Tool
Corral area.
Old November 9th 05, 07:08 AM
Mignon Mason

Try a place that makes awnings or canvas boat covers. Put 1" grommets
in your search and you will find lots os sources.

Old November 9th 05, 08:52 AM
Kate Dicey

JAbusheery wrote:

Mignon wrote:

Hello! I have made great drapes and purchased a really nice rod; then
it occurred to me that I need to have 1" grommets. I've checked all of
our local fabric stores and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know
a source for 1" grommets, along with the appropriate sized punch?

Thanks!

Sounds strange but I've seen large grommets at Home Depot in the Tool
Corral area.

I got them in Millets here in the UK, where they keep tent repairing
things!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 9th 05, 01:23 PM
romanyroamer

Try your local hardware shop. They stock them for canvas work, shade cloth
etc....Amelia in Australia

Old November 9th 05, 06:52 PM
Pat in Virginia

Buttonholes might work well. Could you make two or three in a
small piece of similar fabric, and test the look? I've seen bh on
drapes and liked the look. It would certainly be more cost
effective. HTH,
PAT

Old November 9th 05, 08:01 PM

I am pretty sure that Walmart has those grommet kits. You can give
them a call before you go.

Di