What are scraps ???

Old October 9th 05, 06:05 PM
DrQuilter

I am coming in a bit late to this thread (as usual) but I am wondering
if I am the only one that does not throw anything away! If they are too
small, they go to fill pillows - they get heavy but Sofi likes them, I
am sure QIs would too. A tad larger and they go into a ziplock for
daycare so they can do collages... anything larger is kept, cut into
squares or in a basket, and are a great source for hug blocks (I have to
say mine are pretty creative in the use of small bits of fabric
sometimes). But now I am pondering the benefits of going back to my
original method when I had a meager stash at most, of keeping small
chunks with the rest of the fabric in case you end up needing that
'scrap' for a quilt/block....

Heidi from Germany wrote:

Thanks for all your posts.
I'll probably make it this way:
All remnants with a piece at least size of a FQ will be stored with
the big piece of fabric, all other leftovers or scraps I'll cut into
3" squares, 2,5 " squares and 4 cm stripes. I chose 3 cm stripes
because I started this years ago, when our Ms.Sairey once posted that
she cuts from every new fabric a stripe and stores it. If I remember
well, she also had a picture of log cabin quilt on her website, which
was made from such stripes. So I saved 4 cm stripes over the years and
have already a small box of it. I discovered (g) its the same size
I use for bindings, so all my leftovers from bindings go in this box.
Thanks again,
Heidi from Germany

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Scraps Tamara Quilting 6 October 30th 04 03:20 PM
Free or Cheap Costing Quilt Fabric Scraps Needed Jennifer Wise Quilting 8 June 16th 04 03:44 PM
OK, you've finished the quilt, now what to do with the scraps? Have fun! QUILTKITTY Quilting 12 January 6th 04 05:48 PM
Quilts from Big Bright Scraps? dogmom Quilting 6 October 27th 03 01:15 AM
who likes scraps? Ann Adamson Quilting 15 August 15th 03 04:59 AM