My first socks

Old January 7th 04, 10:12 PM
Ria Van de Velde

Default My first socks

Finally I have given in to the sock-virus, and made my first pair of
socks. I started small, to be sure that I don't loose the courage
after one sock. Now, good friends of mine are expecting their first
baby, so I made baby-socks, really tiny weeny little socks, but with a
turned heel and everything. I did make booties before, but never
socks. But now I believe the virus has bitten real hard and I am
going to make more and bigger :-)

But first I have to finish a scarf for DD. That won't take long
though with 15 mm needles. I go from one extreme to the other.

Ria
With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be
Old January 8th 04, 12:54 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Ria Van de Velde
wrote:

Finally I have given in to the sock-virus, and made my first pair of
socks. I started small, to be sure that I don't loose the courage
after one sock. Now, good friends of mine are expecting their first
baby, so I made baby-socks, really tiny weeny little socks, but with a
turned heel and everything. I did make booties before, but never
socks. But now I believe the virus has bitten real hard and I am
going to make more and bigger :-)

But first I have to finish a scarf for DD. That won't take long
though with 15 mm needles. I go from one extreme to the other.

Ria
With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be

Good for you Ria, that is how I started as well. I am still knitting
socks, but a friend in Holland knits way faster. By the time I am set up
the first from a pair she will have knitted a pair of socks for Otto.
Must say, i do lots of other textile jobs inbetween. Sock knitting is for
when I watch TV. Since there is so little interesting stuff to watch, the
socks are not going very fast. At the moment I am knitting the 6x6 (es)
for Jan., while watching TV at night.

Are you using hand spun, or some nice bright coloured sock yarn. Otto
walks around with very gay and bright coloured socks, because I love these
colours. He is colour blind and I have a feeling that they do not look
all that bright to him, so he does not know how bright they are, until one
of the kids will kid him about it, and he wonders what they are talking
about. LOL

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Old January 8th 04, 02:55 AM
spampot

Ria Van de Velde wrote:
Finally I have given in to the sock-virus, and made my first pair of
socks. I started small, to be sure that I don't loose the courage
after one sock. Now, good friends of mine are expecting their first
baby, so I made baby-socks, really tiny weeny little socks, but with a
turned heel and everything. I did make booties before, but never
socks. But now I believe the virus has bitten real hard and I am
going to make more and bigger :-)

But first I have to finish a scarf for DD. That won't take long
though with 15 mm needles. I go from one extreme to the other.

Ria
With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be

Aha! Socks are addictive, aren't they? I never stopped after my first
pair!

Old January 8th 04, 06:09 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:12:58 GMT, Ria Van de Velde wrote:

Finally I have given in to the sock-virus, and made my first pair of
socks. I started small, to be sure that I don't loose the courage
after one sock. Now, good friends of mine are expecting their first
baby, so I made baby-socks, really tiny weeny little socks, but with a
turned heel and everything. I did make booties before, but never
socks. But now I believe the virus has bitten real hard and I am
going to make more and bigger :-)

But first I have to finish a scarf for DD. That won't take long
though with 15 mm needles. I go from one extreme to the other.

Ria
With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be

Ria,
Congrats!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting, Bobbin-Lace and Spinning are my NICHE in
Old January 8th 04, 10:19 AM
Ria Van de Velde

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:54:37 -0800, (Els van
Dam) wrote:

In article , Ria Van de Velde
wrote:

[...]

We don't have a TV, so that may be the reason I did not start on socks
earlier. My Dh's birthday present in october was a DVD player in the
'puter, so now we are seeing movies there, and I start knitting again
:-)

Because the socks are for a baby, and it is too early no know whether
it is a boy or a girl, I used acrylic baby yarn, in white with very
bright colored flecks. They are so small, I couls make a whole load
of those from that one skein I have.

With love from belgium
Ria

riavdv at pandora dot be

socks for preschooler? enigma Yarn 7 December 11th 03 08:09 PM
Socks and more socks Cori Yarn 12 October 12th 03 10:49 AM
elasitc (spandex) in socks too tight mike Sewing 3 August 4th 03 06:59 PM
Socks on circular needles? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 11 August 4th 03 01:25 PM