neat new hiding place for your stash

Old September 26th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Default neat new hiding place for your stash

Anybody have a file cabinet? Use hanging file folders and there's just
enough clearance at the bottom to hold a layer of small skeins.

Old September 26th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 26, 4:47 am, "Mystified One" wrote:
Anybody have a file cabinet? Use hanging file folders and there's just
enough clearance at the bottom to hold a layer of small skeins.

I never Hide my materials , but i sure am needing storage ,,, my best
hiding place now is working hard !!!!! creating things and clearing
the stash,,,,,
mirjam

Old September 26th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 26, 4:47 am, "Mystified One" wrote:
Anybody have a file cabinet? Use hanging file folders and there's just
enough clearance at the bottom to hold a layer of small skeins.

ps i use Plastic Office drawers to store embroidery floss , knitting
needles , sewing threads, elastic , ribbons , etc...
mirjam

Old September 26th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mystified One" wrote in message
Anybody have a file cabinet? Use hanging file folders and there's just
enough clearance at the bottom to hold a layer of small skeins.

I have three four drawer metal filing cabinets, one three drawer and onr
one-drawer in my desk, with four other regular drawers.

It's hard even to slide one sheet of paper into any of the hanging files,
never mind put anything else in :-( I don't just stash yarn!

But it's a good idea :-)

Mary

Old September 26th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

This may seem rather goulish as a place to store yarn, but it works
very well. A body bag. No kidding! They're rectangular, very light
weight, about 7 feet long, zip on 2 or 3 sides, of a material that
resists moisture and slides easily, and will slip under a bed. I
suggest that if anybody wants one, contact a friendly funeral director
and ask to have a NEW one special-ordered.

Old September 26th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...
This may seem rather goulish as a place to store yarn, but it works
very well. A body bag. No kidding! They're rectangular, very light
weight, about 7 feet long, zip on 2 or 3 sides, of a material that
resists moisture and slides easily, and will slip under a bed. I
suggest that if anybody wants one, contact a friendly funeral director
and ask to have a NEW one special-ordered.

Can't you buy the special bags like that which are designed to go under
beds? They're transparent and have a fine zip, I use them for bedding and
clothing I only use rarely.

Mary

Old September 26th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

There isn't any space between the hanging folders and the bottom of the
drawer in my cabinet. But I wouldn't want to hide yarn anyway because I
would probably forget where I put it. :-)

--
Jan in MN

Old September 26th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Jan" wrote in message
There isn't any space between the hanging folders and the bottom of the
drawer in my cabinet. But I wouldn't want to hide yarn anyway because I
would probably forget where I put it. :-)

Ah, a woman after my own heart :-)

Mary

Hiding knots???? Bill Quilting 8 January 4th 07 01:20 AM
Hiding my Easter eggs Polly Esther Quilting 18 April 12th 06 03:34 PM
Stash Hiding (OT) Joan8904 Quilting 18 May 8th 04 05:15 PM
goin into hiding for a bit Kellie J. Berger Quilting 6 January 22nd 04 06:42 PM
Hiding... From all the negativity! Nicole Weltch Beads 20 October 4th 03 10:32 PM