You never know

Old August 22nd 03, 03:31 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default You never know

Aino and me, we were in the second hand shop yesterday. I
bumped into ball of yarn and to the needles and bought them
of course. And then I found one old pattern book of knitting
in Finnish. WAAAAHOUEEEH! You never know where you find
stash. S.E.X is nice...and you'd better keep your eyes open,
you never know where they jump.
Best: Pirjo

Old August 22nd 03, 05:47 AM
Katherine Burgess

Pirjo,
Isn't it wonderful finding things like that in a second hand store???
Needles, yarn AND a book??? How lucky!
Katherine

Old August 22nd 03, 03:09 PM
NoraBalcer

Pirjo,

Are there patterns that you can use in the book? Yes, it's fun going into
stores where you would least expect to find yarn and needles.

Hugs,

Aunt Nora

Old August 22nd 03, 07:51 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Yes, Nora. Yes there is. I just hope Novita Nalle is a good
replacement for yarns I have never seen before. I am
miserable to explain.
Best: Pirjo
NoraBalcer kirjoitti

Old August 22nd 03, 11:54 PM
Claire

Charity shops are also *very* good for S.E.X. I found three pairs of needles
(different sizes) that I needed in one yesterday. They often don't have them
out in the shop - you have to ask. Most charity shops then produce a large
basket of needles- DPN, circular, straight, crochet hooks and holders. I
can't remember the last time I bought new ones. Three pairs yesterday cost
less than one new pair. They often have knitting patterns too but they often
tend to be *very* out of date. I've asked my local charity shop to keep a
lookout for some knitting pattern booklets (like Sirdar's Baby in Aran,
which I owned and loved and which got lost in one of my house moves along
with an entire BOX of my stash!) they often keep things aside for regular
customers if you ask nicely. I take a lot of stuff to my local charity shop
and we often get books there and jigsaw puzzles so they are very helpful.
Also for costumes for school plays!

Claire

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Oh Pirjo You lucky girl ,,,