from the 'other side'

Old May 1st 12, 08:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

Default from the 'other side'

middlemore...they do all the plastic surgery for the auckland region.
tuesday for 4 hrs and again last friday and they admitted me for the weekend
for IV anti-biotics.
came home monday with oral antibiotics.
so i've been on ABs for 4 weeks, i think, and another 6 days to go.
going thru lots of yogurt as a result.
if there is anything still living in me now i'd be very surprised. :/
shrug
j.

Jeanne, I hope you are getting everything sorted and now on the road
to recovery. What hosp have you been in?
Thinking of you
Carol in Auckland, NZ

"J*" wrote:
returned to emergency at hosp on tuesday. going back to super clinic first
thing in the morning for the same thing. a hard red bruise at one end that
is leaking pink serous fluid out the last drain hole. damn damn damn.
just gonna jump out the door of the van as he drives by and he can then
return to work with little disruption.
i'll call him when they sort me out. i do not want to go back to hosp
emergency. prefer going to plastics clinic without an appt and see what
they
can do there. there is also an out/day patient surgery building next door
if
they need to cut me open again for something. i have no idea what they
might
do at this point.
gawd this sucks. i should have just not bothered with this whole thing.
its
all too hard for me. i'm a rotten patient. i have no patience with myself
and my body at all.
night all.
j.

Old May 3rd 12, 10:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Jeanne, I do hope you keep improving.
I'm at Middlemore next Fri for another angiogram & prob angioplasty. 2
stents and counting, but it could have been alot worse, so I am
greatful.
Carol in Auckland

Old May 3rd 12, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Jeanne and Carol, healing prayers go out to both of you.!
Barbara in SC, USA

Old May 4th 12, 11:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Thank-you.
Carol in Auckland, NZ

Old May 5th 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

oh my, i had no idea. here i am complaining and your procedure is much more
serious i think.
good luck with that. the nursing staff at Middlemore i found superb. even
the food wasnt as bad as i expected, lol. i found that after 8 hrs on the
table i wasnt up to chewing so wanted the fortified milk (high protein, you
gotta ask for it tho), yogurt and soft foods all i could handle for the
first 2 to 3 days, til i got enough energy from those to actually chew. then
it was still pretty softish foods. i also asked for a high protein diet
(scrambled eggs choice for breakfast and other snacks given with the 3x cups
of tea after meals, for me to save til i needed something else. usually i
chose cheese and crackers. its only a slice of processed cheese but i found
it hit the spot and i dont eat that as a rule. the high protein is necessary
for fast healing after any hospital procedure, illness or stress our bodies
go thru. you do have to ask tho and they'll get the dietician round to
discuss it with you. its those extras on your special menu that not
everyone gets cuz not everyone asks. so do ask for high protein.
how long do they keep you in? if i knew your last name i'd call for a chat
or at least to check on your progress....if thats ok with you.
good luck and take no prisoners.
jeanne aka nzlstar*

news Jeanne, I do hope you keep improving.

Old May 5th 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

Carol,
I am in US and just home yesterday pm. from 3 (count em 3) heart
attacks. Have two stents and received wonderful care at the heart
center at our local hospital.
J, the food to me is unimportant at this time. Don't eat red meat
anyway.
I hurt and am bruised all over the place, but I am alive.
Anna Belle in Fla.

Old May 5th 12, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Anna Belle" ...
Carol,
I am in US and just home yesterday pm. from 3 (count em 3) heart
attacks. Have two stents and received wonderful care at the heart
center at our local hospital.
J, the food to me is unimportant at this time. Don't eat red meat
anyway.
I hurt and am bruised all over the place, but I am alive.
Anna Belle in Fla.

Anna you are in my prayers! Hope your bruises heal quickly.
Barbara in SC

Old May 6th 12, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Hope all three of you are feeling better and on the mend.

marcella

Old May 6th 12, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT. from the 'other side'

Jeanne, the angiogram is not a major, just mostly uncomfortable from
what I remember. It's been a few years since I had the last stent put
in.
My last name is Murray and live at Glenbrook (15 mins from Drury). I
actually started school at Blockhouse Bay School .
Thankyou.
Carol in Auckland, NZ

Old May 6th 12, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

wow, AnnaBelle, thats a whole hell of a lot more to deal with than my
problem.
the high protein diet i asked for at hospital was not for meat. i dont eat
red meat either.
i wanted easy to eat, high protein so was offered scrambled eggs for
breakfast rather than just porridge.
tho i do love porridge, i had the choice only cuz i asked.
when the body goes thru any stress at all it kills off lots of cells and the
only way to rebuild those cells is with protein. that was my only aim in
discussing that with the dietician.
i'm feeling hurt and bruised all over too but nothing like what you must be
feeling now.
gentle hugz, take good care of yourself and get to feeling much much better
real soon.
j.