My Celebrations report

Old May 8th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default My Celebrations report

First, the new ladybug count is 5 - one scissors' fob to stitch (should have
bought the beaded one too), 2 beaded Mill Hill kits, one chart and magnets
(thank you Margaret) and beads ( thank you Donna).

I got two more Simply Old Fashioned charts, some floss and a new pair of
scissors. (guess where the fob is going). Oh, and will kick myself until
next year that I didn't get the Moss Fairy and kit her up.
Oh, and I won a door prize - a Sue Hillis chart that tell you to put on your
big girl panties and deal with it...

And I got (we actually) got to meet Donna from Reston and go shopping with
her.

But the best part was just time spent with good friends. Or was is scaring
off the preteens in the whirlpool with Bobbie and Margaret.

And, Bobbie, I want temari lessons....

Old May 8th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2007-05-08, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
off the preteens in the whirlpool with Bobbie and Margaret.

You should have stayed over Cheryl, there is no one in the pool at 7am, but me.
I went for a swim while Bobbie headed for class. Now that is the perfect way
to start your day. Next year I'll make sure you kit up the fairy.
-Margaret

PS.
I'm looking forward to the tamari instructions, and I'm almost done with the
fish from my knot class.

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///

Old May 8th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
First, the new ladybug count is 5 - one scissors' fob to stitch (should have
bought the beaded one too), 2 beaded Mill Hill kits, one chart and magnets
(thank you Margaret) and beads ( thank you Donna).

I got two more Simply Old Fashioned charts, some floss and a new pair of
scissors. (guess where the fob is going). Oh, and will kick myself until
next year that I didn't get the Moss Fairy and kit her up.
Oh, and I won a door prize - a Sue Hillis chart that tell you to put on your
big girl panties and deal with it...

And I got (we actually) got to meet Donna from Reston and go shopping with
her.

But the best part was just time spent with good friends. Or was is scaring
off the preteens in the whirlpool with Bobbie and Margaret.

And, Bobbie, I want temari lessons....

Sounds as if you had a great time. Sign me up for Temari lessons, too,
Bobbie!! Sure wish we could sell this house!Sigh!!!!!!!!!!

Gill
Old May 8th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 5/8/07 12:38 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

First, the new ladybug count is 5 - one scissors' fob to stitch (should have
bought the beaded one too), 2 beaded Mill Hill kits, one chart and magnets
(thank you Margaret) and beads ( thank you Donna).

I got two more Simply Old Fashioned charts, some floss and a new pair of
scissors. (guess where the fob is going). Oh, and will kick myself until
next year that I didn't get the Moss Fairy and kit her up.
Oh, and I won a door prize - a Sue Hillis chart that tell you to put on your
big girl panties and deal with it...

Sounds reasonable - without going overboard!

And I got (we actually) got to meet Donna from Reston and go shopping with
her.

But the best part was just time spent with good friends. Or was is scaring
off the preteens in the whirlpool with Bobbie and Margaret.

LOL - you guys are soooo scarey.

And, Bobbie, I want temari lessons....

And there is going to be a Stitch-Away in Gettysburg again next April. The
local association of shops sponsors it. I know that I'm going - likely with
DH in tow - he has a good time at these things. You could come down for
that.

Ellice

Old May 9th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Alison

On Tue, 08 May 2007 21:58:47 GMT, ellice wrote:

And there is going to be a Stitch-Away in Gettysburg again next April. The
local association of shops sponsors it. I know that I'm going - likely with
DH in tow - he has a good time at these things. You could come down for
that.

Ellice

Ellice - please post about this if there's anything on the web. My
sister and I might be able to go!

Alison
whose sister lives near Gettysburg
Old May 9th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 5/8/07 7:33 PM, "Alison" wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2007 21:58:47 GMT, ellice wrote:

And there is going to be a Stitch-Away in Gettysburg again next April. The
local association of shops sponsors it. I know that I'm going - likely with
DH in tow - he has a good time at these things. You could come down for
that.

Ellice

Ellice - please post about this if there's anything on the web. My
sister and I might be able to go!

Will do. MANRA, the association of the retailers from Frederick MD to about
Fredericksburg VA, and west, sponsors this. We've had it 2x, they're doing
it every other year, and I believe that the place in Gettysburg where it was
last spring is already booked for 2008. So, I'll definitely get you the
info and hook-up through the shop as the time approaches.

The last 2 times there were mini-classes. But, I believe that this time
there's some effort going into getting some nationally known teachers to do
a more stnadard type of class. But, it was just a lot of fun - lots of time
to stitch, and a small boutique - all the participating shops brought in
some stuff, etc.

Alison
whose sister lives near Gettysburg

Well, that would be convenient. I think everyone stayed at the hotel -
don't think they had any "day" participants. But, it wasn't very expensive,
and included meals, except for 1 dinner, IIRC.

Ellice

Old May 9th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Here's a big cheer to meeting friends IRL! I wish I had had more time
to spend with all of you.

But I did get a stitching fix.

Bought two charts - one an old Ginger and Spice and the other a
Norwegian bellpull. Plus a Norwegian ornament kit and 3 pieces of
fabric from PictureThisPlus. I think they were the busiest booth in
the mall. And thank you, Cheryl, for the scissor fob, and Bobbie for
the nutcracker tin. It was so funny to walk through the door of the
hotel and these 3 women were waiting for me, smiling and all excited.
Quite the reception. It's was lovely sharing show and tell, projects
and purchases, and stories with everyone.

As an added bonus, I ran into my friend, Martha, from my EGA chapter
in NY. Such a sweetheart and she seems to attract fellow stitchers
where ever she goes.

Next year I needed to attend Celebrations.That would be wonderful.

On the bad side, my MIL gave me her cold. I think I seriously need to
look at why I'm getting sick so often. This is the 4th cold since
October.

Donna in Virginia