Dremel Tool

Old December 3rd 05, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.carving

Default Dremel Tool

Do many of you carvers use a dremel tool?

--
Thanks,
Gregg

Old December 3rd 05, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.carving

"Gregg" spewed out in news:_88kf.43$YM1.25
@fe02.lga:

Do many of you carvers use a dremel tool?

I do. I also use several other brands of rotary tools. I like
using the flexible shaft though. Power carving speed up the
process of roughing in. For my first carvings, I almost
exclusively used the Dremel tool. I am trying to use it less as
I am learning not to grind my cut marks away.

Carving my niche-
Arnie
Old December 6th 05, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving

Yes, find it useful to do finish work in spaces where I am not able to get a
tool. Mostly get small pieces of "fuzz" and fine chips out of close spaces.
Use a small round bit to fashion eyes where I want to indent the socket.

Bill Houdek

Old December 13th 05, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving

My wife has always used a Foredom. She doesn't thing a Dremel would
have enough power.
You can see a sample of her work at www.distinctive-woodcraft.com

Old December 14th 05, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving

Instead of a Dremel or Foredom tool I have been using an air powered mini
die grinder. It uses the same 1/8 inch shank bits that these other tools use
but it has more speed (about 30,000 rpm) and power than either one of them.
You can buy one of these die grinders for about $70 now.

--
Charley

ups.com...
You can see a sample of her work at www.distinctive-woodcraft.com