Smocksoft

Old September 27th 05, 12:30 AM
sewswell

Default Smocksoft

would dearly love, dearly love to have this program.
Old September 27th 05, 01:21 AM
Shirley Ward

What is it?

Old September 27th 05, 07:13 AM

sewswell wrote:
would dearly love, dearly love to have this program.

They sell it he

http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/smocksoft.html

but it's pricey.
Old September 28th 05, 12:13 AM
Valkyrie

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
sewswell wrote:
would dearly love, dearly love to have this program.

They sell it he

http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/smocksoft.html

but it's pricey.

Are there any good, "lust for" sewing that aren't?

*sigh*
Val

Old September 28th 05, 05:47 AM

Valkyrie wrote:
but it's pricey.

Are there any good, "lust for" sewing that aren't?

Well, I thought that PMB was reasonably priced for software even though
I had to save up for two years to be able to buy it.
Old September 28th 05, 06:29 AM
Valkyrie

Valkyrie wrote:
but it's pricey.

Are there any good, "lust for" sewing that aren't?

Well, I thought that PMB was reasonably priced for software even though I
had to save up for two years to be able to buy it.

It also took me several years of saving to get PMBoutique and then for
PMTailor Made. I've never been sorry. But I'd have been a lot happier with
the price if it was $50 and a $30 rebate with free Godiva Chocolate
coupons..........but then we all need our little fantasies.

Val

Old September 28th 05, 06:41 AM

Valkyrie wrote:

It also took me several years of saving to get PMBoutique and then for
PMTailor Made. I've never been sorry. But I'd have been a lot happier with
the price if it was $50 and a $30 rebate with free Godiva Chocolate
coupons..........but then we all need our little fantasies.

Well, having worked doing technical support for a different vertical
market software package that was inexpensively priced and then having
the company go out of business because the guy hadn't priced it high
enough to cover the cost of technical support while he worked on a major
upgrade and ran out of money while owing me a few thou, I don't think
that $50 for an complicated but excellent vertical-market software
package is a reasonable price.
Old September 28th 05, 07:27 PM
Valkyrie

Valkyrie wrote:

It also took me several years of saving to get PMBoutique and then for
PMTailor Made. I've never been sorry. But I'd have been a lot happier
with the price if it was $50 and a $30 rebate with free Godiva Chocolate
coupons..........but then we all need our little fantasies.

Well, having worked doing technical support for a different vertical
market software package that was inexpensively priced and then having the
company go out of business because the guy hadn't priced it high enough to
cover the cost of technical support while he worked on a major upgrade and
ran out of money while owing me a few thou, I don't think that $50 for an
complicated but excellent vertical-market software package is a reasonable
price.

That was a smart *ss tongue in cheek answer, Melinda. I DID justify that
remark with *fantasy* I have a son who works R&D for Microsoft and having
been myself a programmer in the dark ages of punch cards,reel to reel tapes,
toggle switches and tubes in computers I am well aware of what it takes to
put together the products of Wild Ginger. Frankly if they were double the
price I would have still bought them. The Godiva Chocolate bonus coupon is
still a good idea though ;o)

Val