My plans for today

Old November 13th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default My plans for today

"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Is to get the handful of groceries I need, hit the PO with some mail that
needs to be weighed, get through the laundry, vacuum and then find time
either organize stash or otherwise "clean up" my stash.

And then, tonight, while the boys are at a hockey party (team only), I'm
going to stitch. Don't know which project, but I'm going to stitch.

In the grand clean out of DD's room, I have another pile to go the thrift
store, though a friend of DD's might get the nicer stuff. And more books
for
the library sale room. (Though my read aloud favorites will be put away
for
grandkids.)

Regards.

Cheryl

I'm prepared for a rather boring day. First I have an appointment with
my doctor for my yearly checkup. Oops, I shouldn't talk about health here
should I ??? From there it's off to the market to pick up some
groceries.

After that I'll come home and think about getting the ironing done. Or
maybe I'll just discipline myself enough to work on the finishing for the
Oriental Fan. I so want to finish that and get on to the next, more fun
project. But there's also the book I started that looks not bad.

So much to do and so little time to do it.

Lucille

I got home from my morning chores a little while ago. I changed into
shorts and a t-shirt because it's hot and humid, let Puff out of the closet
where he put himself when I went in to change my clothes, put away my non
freezer groceries, looked at the ironing, went to the computer, went back
and looked at the ironing again and decided to have some lunch and then do
some needlework.

To hell with the ironing.

Lucille

Old November 13th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Lucille" wrote I got home from my morning chores a little while ago. I
changed into
shorts and a t-shirt because it's hot and humid, let Puff out of the
closet where he put himself when I went in to change my clothes, put away
my non freezer groceries, looked at the ironing, went to the computer,
went back and looked at the ironing again and decided to have some lunch
and then do some needlework.

To hell with the ironing.

I think you should work up a "To hell with the ironing" sampler. Perhaps
with a nice drink with an umbrella pictured on it, in recognition of your
hot and humid climate.

Dawne

Old November 13th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 13, 7:57*am, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:28:25 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

It won't be "lazy".

I was being facetious lol * A side bar, did you know facetious is
about the only word which contains all the vowels in order ?

You can come call my day lazy! Maybe you'll be predicting something.

So far, I've taught three classes, had a girl faint at my feet in the
caffeteria (yelled to call 911 and hung out with her until they
arrived and her friend took over), come back to my office for office
hours and lunch. From here, I'll go pick Cash up at daycare, pick up
my order at the printer, pack up my stuff and head to Worcester where
I'l register at my hotel, pick up the keynoter for tomorrow's
conference and head to dinner. Tomorrow I'm overseeing the results of
several months of planning for 280 people and attending an agility
class (but without my dog, since I don't have time to get back to
Salem to get him before going to Franklin).

Call lazy for Saturday, willya? Oh, no, wait. I have papers to
grade....whatever happened to that sabbatical?

Elizabeth
Old November 13th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

That sounds something like my life 20 years ago. I loved it but I got
tired.

Lucille

Old November 13th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message
el...

"Lucille" wrote I got home from my morning chores a little while ago. I
changed into
shorts and a t-shirt because it's hot and humid, let Puff out of the
closet where he put himself when I went in to change my clothes, put away
my non freezer groceries, looked at the ironing, went to the computer,
went back and looked at the ironing again and decided to have some lunch
and then do some needlework.

To hell with the ironing.

I think you should work up a "To hell with the ironing" sampler. Perhaps
with a nice drink with an umbrella pictured on it, in recognition of your
hot and humid climate.

Dawne

That does sound like fun, but I would prefer a great margarita with salt
around the rim of the glass. Don't you need extra salt when it's hot and
humid?

Lucille

Old November 13th 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Lucille" wrote.

I think you should work up a "To hell with the ironing" sampler. Perhaps
with a nice drink with an umbrella pictured on it, in recognition of your
hot and humid climate.

Dawne

That does sound like fun, but I would prefer a great margarita with salt
around the rim of the glass. Don't you need extra salt when it's hot and
humid?

I think so. And what a lovely little picture it would make, nice limey
green tones, and maybe you could use some little seed beads around the rim
of the glass.

Dawne

Old November 13th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 13, 2:02 pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:18:49 -0800 (PST),
opined:

So far, I've taught three classes, had a girl faint at my feet in the
caffeteria (yelled to call 911 and hung out with her until they
arrived and her friend took over), come back to my office for office
hours and lunch.

I'm curious as to why you didn't just stick her head between her
knees?

She didn't say she was going to faint, she fainted. Just tumbled right
over boom. And from the sound of it, she might have hit her head on
the way down. No way was I moving her or letting her move until
someone who knows better than I do showed up.

Cheryl's right, liability is an issue, but honestly, that didn't even
occur to me until later, when I went to tell the manager that I had
witnessed the fall if ever there were any issue.

Elizabeth