Wish list

Old November 16th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default O&I auction was Wish list

Jinx Minx wrote:
"Jinx Minx" wrote in message
"ejk" wrote in message
"Jinx Minx" wrote in message
The only other designs I don't have and would love to are reproductions
of Wm. Bouguereau paintings. Golden Kite also has a ton of them for
sale, but not a copy of my favorite painting of his, "Temptation".
Actually, I've never seen any website that does reproductions that has
done this one, so if anyone knows of a site that does, please clue me
in.

www.oddsandinsonline.com has it. You can download it in a couple of
different ways or you can have it sent by snail mail.
Not affiliated etc etc.

Eimear

Ordered!! THANK YOU!! :-)
Jinx

Well I just did something totally stupid! I *thought* oddsandinsonline
seemed familiar. Well as I was out running errands after ordering, I
wondered if I had an account using a previous email that I lost some time
ago to phishing. When I got home, I tried logging in using that old email,
and what do you know, I have an old account with them. Not only that, but I
had bought this exact same pattern from them in 2005. Dumb! Well maybe not
totally, because I have no idea where that pattern or any of the others I
ordered back then would be now. I built this computer from scratch last
year, so I'm sure they were saved on some backup file somewhere that I never
put onto this new computer. Oh well! Now I'll just have to keep better
track of this one. Sad part is, this isn't the first time I've bought the
same pattern twice. I've got a stack of them to put up on eBay sometime
before I move at the end of the month.

Jinx

Just so that you know, Jinx; there is an auction site on O&I. If you
scroll down the tools section on the right you will come across the
Auction. There are about 700 items on there right now, all being sold at
a cheap price by other stitchers, including me! (username gillianm). It
is a good way to acquire things cheaply, and get rid of excess stash.
You have to sort out the wheat from the chaff; the good thing is that
there is no charge to participate, either as a buyer or seller.

Gillian
Old November 16th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Jinx Minx wrote:
"Jinx Minx" wrote in message
"ejk" wrote in message
"Jinx Minx" wrote in message
[...]

Not paying a fee on items that don't sell is a good thing--makes it easier
to post cheap or low demand patterns. On patterns you sell, do you notice
that you can get better prices on O&I than eBay? I do have quite a few out
of print patterns I'd rather not see go for pennies. I waffle between
keeping them because they're OOP, and just selling the whole shebang off
just to get rid of the overload. Plus, my tastes have definitely changed
over the years. I'm moving in December, so it'd be great to pare down
before then, not to mention having a little extra cash to decorate the new
place with.

J.

Old November 16th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Jinx Minx wrote:
"Jinx Minx" wrote in message
"ejk" wrote in message
"Jinx Minx" wrote in message
[...]

I don't sell, or buy, anything on Ebay anymore...haven't for quite some
years! I like Paypal, but will not pay the fees required to have a
Business account. I only sell to people who have a cash balance, or it
is from their bank account. Currently on O&I, there is a dearth of
buyers, and pretty much the same sellers.

There have been some new names recently, I noticed. You can put a
reserve on your item, so you don't have to give it away for pennies.
Some of mine I price super-low just to get rid of them, and tempt people
to see what else I have,...and others I may ask more. It is fun when two
women fight over the same chart. I just sold one for $4.01, that I
started at $1.00.

There are nice folk there, and I have made some nice cyber-friends. You
could register, then try one or two, and see how you feel. One gal is
selling all the charts she can lay hands on..she is paying tuition for
her daughter at a private school with the proceeds. The rest of us just
do it for fun.

Gillian
Old November 16th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Wish list

On Nov 13, 6:28 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

On 11/13/08 6:05 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:19:28 -0800 (PST), lewmew
opined:

On Nov 13, 2:30 pm, "Joan E." wrote:
On Nov 13, 10:05 am, lucretia borgia
wrote:

So what we really need to do is pick a cruise ship and all meet for a
cruise.

Not a cruise ship. I would *not* cross the ocean on a ship. How
'bout a private jetliner? More time to spend with whomever we're
visiting next!

Joan

I agree - seasickness and stitching do not go together.

Linda

Those cruise ships have stabilizers - they don't want passengers
getting seasick lol

Would you like to tell that to the passengers on the Crown Cunard Cruise
went on and hit a storm outside of Nova Scotia. It was fun for me
because I
didn't get seasick, but I would say about 85% of the passengers were laid
out all over the place.

The few of us who were okay had a smashing good time having dinner with
the
crew.

The only thing I regretted was that I never did get to see Halifax.

Lucille

How long ago and how big a boat?

That one was about 500 passengers and 300 crew.

I have been on a Carnival ship that held several thousand passengers and saw
people get sick there too. My roomie was desperately ill, as was another
friend of mine in another room on another deck. I didn't think it was too
bad at all, but she was throwing up for hours so I suppose it depends on how
strong a stomach you have and maybe a little attitude.

IME, it has nothing to do with stomach and everything to do with inner
ear. I don't actually throw up, but I get so miserable that I'm not
any fun to be around.

Elizabeth
Old November 16th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Nov 13, 6:28 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net

wrote:

[...]

I think you're probably right and it is inner ear. The only thing that
might make me feel differently is that I'm highly allergic and have ear
problems because of mucous backing into the eustachian tube.

I guess I'm lucky because I never got sea sick on a cruise ship or even in
a 50' sloop where the owner was in the Coast Guard for years and my husband
who claimed to never get seasick were both in such bad shape that they told
me I might have to guide the boat back in. I panicked at the thought so
they were able to get themselves together long enough to get us back to
land.

I, of course, never let my strong, macho husband live that down.

Lucille

Old November 18th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Gillian Murray wrote:

It is fun when two
women fight over the same chart. I just sold one for $4.01, that I
started at $1.00.

Sounds like one of our library silent auctions.

Susi and I were standing in front of a needlework book and simply
handing the pencil back and forth, till we'd bid it up beyond the
original price of the book. She then looked me in the eye, pointed out
the stupidity of what we were doing, not to mention "I earn more than
you, I *am* going to outbid you", and promised that when she was done
with it, she'd see to it that I got the book.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

"On his tombstone, Benjamin Franklin wanted it said not that he had been
rich
but rather that he had been useful."

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old November 18th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Lucille wrote:

I guess I'm lucky because I never got sea sick

We'll have to get you out here to the SF Science Museum. There's a
Great Quake exhibit that re-creates both the 1906 and the 1989 "big ones".

I went with a friend who, like me, grew up on the coast spending a lot
of time on boats. He'd actually been standing practically on the
epicenter of the '89 quake, so he knew what we were about to experience.

They tell you to hold tightly to the handrail, but we didn't think it
was necessary. Keeping our balance was no harder than staying upright
on choppy seas or moving subway cars. But there were a couple people
who were turning a little green.

FO list for Dec. norabalcer Yarn 30 January 12th 06 04:53 PM
what's on your Wish List??? Kate G. Quilting 81 December 23rd 05 05:17 PM
list CHEX Yarn 19 December 6th 05 04:47 PM
OT - Top Ten List bluemaxx Beads 9 October 28th 04 08:18 PM
What everyone wants list Flossy Quilting 3 June 15th 04 04:20 AM