apologies...

Old September 8th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Betty Vereen Hill

Default apologies...

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
My apologies to anyone who has written me in the last couple of weeks.
I've been terribly erratic with replies because of an underlying crisis in
my life....

I had a small growth removed from my foot a couple of weeks ago -- no big
deal, right, except for the general discomfort and the inability to wear
flip-flops.

Well, when I went back in to be checked out, it seems the lab had found
irregular cells in the margins, so yet more skin had to be excised, this
time necessitating more real cutting rather than just lasering of tissue,
plus real stitches, and leaving in a boot with instructions not to put my
foot to the floor except for absolute necessities.

It's HOT here in Louisiana -- my foot swelled around the stitches. Ouch.

So my computer time was necessarily miniscule.

I got the dressing off today, and the report had come back -- all clean,
thank goodness. And no more boot.

It had been a bit scary because of my having been diagnosed with breast
cancer necessitating in a mastectomy 12 years ago because of dirty margins
in the original lumpectomy, and for a while it had been feeling a bit like
"deja vu all over again."

So now all I've got to do is stay off it enough to keep the swelling
around the stitches down, and learn to stop limping. The stitches come
out next week.

It's soooo nice to be able to shower, instead of having to manipulate my
"fluffy" body into and out of a bathtub without getting that foot wet.

--
Jere

Jere,

It's great to know that you received good news and are on the mend. Take
care of yourself and allow your family to pamper you while you get back to
full speed ahead.

Betty

Old September 8th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Jere Williams wrote:

Now I need a stitching project that inspires me.....is anyone working on
something really fun?

Well, I just finished stitching classic Pooh and Piglet walking off
into the sunset on a pillow case for a baby. I'm now doing small Pooh
characters on the binding of a blanket to go with the pillow. Does
that sound like fun?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Joan

Old September 9th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

Joan E. wrote:
Jere Williams wrote:

Now I need a stitching project that inspires me.....is anyone working on
something really fun?

Well, I just finished stitching classic Pooh and Piglet walking off
into the sunset on a pillow case for a baby. I'm now doing small Pooh
characters on the binding of a blanket to go with the pillow. Does
that sound like fun?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Joan

I just finished one that was lots of fun to work on in spite of the
reason I chose to stitch it. I did one called "My Son" by Indigo Rose.
It's a sampler with: "When the day is done and I stand before God and
He asks me what good I have done, I believe He will understand and
smile when I tell Him, "I had a son". I did it in memory of an 18 year
old boy who was killed in an auto accident back in June. I'm also
doing it in honor of his family so I put down all four sons' names
above the hardanger section on the very bottom. The family used to
live locally and were regular visitors to our library until they moved
into town (23 miles away) when the second one entered high school four
years ago. The directions were VERY CLEAR and the diagrams were easy
to read. I just dropped it off at the framer on Tuesday & can't wait
to pick it up & call her to set up a meeting so I can give it to her.
I also am considering looking up other things that Indigo Rose
(Catherine Strickler) has done - not that I "need" anything else to
work on, but when has need ever entered the picture??? :-)))
Liz from Humbug

Old September 10th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"Liz from Humbug" wrote in message
I also am considering looking up other things that Indigo Rose
(Catherine Strickler) has done - not that I "need" anything else to
work on, but when has need ever entered the picture??? :-)))
Liz from Humbug

I too stitch My Son and just recently finished her Mother to Daughter
sampler. I'm also working on her Folding Cross needlework book. Catherine
has a lot of nice interesting designs.
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/In...ndigo_rose.htm

Mavia

Old September 10th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

lucretia borgia wrote:
"Mavia Beaulieu" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
"Liz from Humbug" wrote in message
I also am considering looking up other things that Indigo Rose
(Catherine Strickler) has done - not that I "need" anything else to
work on, but when has need ever entered the picture??? :-)))
Liz from Humbug

I too stitch My Son and just recently finished her Mother to Daughter
sampler. I'm also working on her Folding Cross needlework book. Catherine
has a lot of nice interesting designs.
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/In...ndigo_rose.htm

I am glad you mentioned she did a daughter design, I was wondering!

What I'm thrilled about is she finally did a "My
Daughter" that is more of a companion to "My Son." The
"Mother to Daughter" is nice, but it doesn't have the same
feel as the "My Son" piece.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old September 10th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default 'daughter' sampler apologies...

If any one is looking for a lovely sampler for her/his daughter, I have this
one to stitch someday for DD

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Wi...th_her_joy.htm

Cheryl

Old September 11th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
lucretia borgia wrote:
[...]

I guess designers should be happy that we all like their different designs
for various reasons! For me the Mother to Daughter sampler had more
meaning as we are both stitchers.

Mavia

Old September 11th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Alison

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:52:45 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

If any one is looking for a lovely sampler for her/his daughter, I have this
one to stitch someday for DD

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Wi...th_her_joy.htm

Cheryl

Cheryl - it looks beautiful. Can you post a little of the text? (it's
too small for me to read.)

Thanks,
Alison
Old September 11th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

wrote:

If any one is looking for a lovely sampler for her/his daughter, I have this
one to stitch someday for DD

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Wi...th_her_joy.htm

Cheryl - it looks beautiful. Can you post a little of the text? (it's
too small for me to read.)

You can see the text he

http://www.accomplishments-shop.com/...006%20SOM.html

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old September 11th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ericka Kammerer

lucretia borgia wrote:
[...]

My daughter is only three years old, so I hesitate
to do a piece for her that seems to lose much of its meaning
if she doesn't grow up to enjoy stitching ;-) The "My Son"
piece doesn't have anything specific like that, and I wanted
something similar for my daughter. If she grows up to enjoy
stitching, "Mother to Daughter" might well be nice in the
future, but we'll have to wait and see on that one! ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Apologies Katherine Yarn 5 August 20th 05 04:24 PM
Folk Mote hug quilt - apologies, but no names Karen Johnson Quilting 6 February 4th 05 03:34 PM
My apologies Rita Quilting 2 December 31st 04 08:18 PM
Humor - with apologies in advance to the males in the group VManes Beads 9 February 21st 04 09:00 PM
Ladies more apologies to you al;l; Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 5 January 18th 04 10:06 PM