Success at the county fair!!!!!

Old July 20th 05, 03:24 PM
Joan E.

Thanks, everyone!!!! It was fun to see all those pretty ribbons!

lizard-gumbo wrote:

Oh, so MANY congrats! I'm taking my stuff in to the state fair next
month, so your post was a most wonderful pick'em'up!

Good luck, Lizard-Gumbo, and to the rest of you who'll be entering your
local fairs. *Some*day I'm gonna figure out how to get my work to the
state fair....

Joan

Old July 20th 05, 04:14 PM
Brenda Lewis

Someday I'm gonna figure out how to enter the county fair. This is the
third year in a row I've requested a premium book and haven't had any
luck receiving one.

As for your state fair http://www.ndstatefair.com/competition/ will
help you with the entry part. Deadline for this year's entry forms was
eight days ago. There are no entry fees for needlework at the North
Dakota State Fair (lucky you!) so that should make entry easier. Can't
help you with physically getting your work to the fair although they
will accept entries by mail or express courier and return them by mail
if postage and label are enclosed.

--
Brenda
NEW to Styx, classic to the world: Big Bang Theory
Old July 20th 05, 08:56 PM
Joan E.

Brenda Lewis wrote:
Someday I'm gonna figure out how to enter the county fair. This is the
third year in a row I've requested a premium book and haven't had any
luck receiving one.

Check with your local county extension office and see if they have
them. I don't know about other places but around here they also give
them to the needlework and craft stores, so they may be another place
you can check. If you haven't already!

As for your state fair http://www.ndstatefair.com/competition/ will
help you with the entry part. Deadline for this year's entry forms was
eight days ago.

Yeah, I had the forms all printed up, too.

Can't help you with physically getting your work to the fair although they
will accept entries by mail or express courier and return them by mail
if postage and label are enclosed.

Therein lies the rub. I just don't know if I want to chance sending my
up to 27" x 22" framed-with-glass projects through the mail! Has
anyone else done this that can speak from experience about how their
pieces have fared getting mailed? My other option is to think of it
reeeeeaaaaalllly early and send it with my sister who lives near there
and have her drop it off. The thinking of it ahead of time is the hard
part for me. ))

Joan

Old July 20th 05, 09:22 PM
Brenda Lewis

Joan E. wrote:
Check with your local county extension office and see if they have
them. I don't know about other places but around here they also give
them to the needlework and craft stores, so they may be another place
you can check. If you haven't already!

THANK YOU! I called our county extension office and they do have them.
Due to budget cuts they can't mail one but I know where the office is
and can pick one up. Since there are, AFAIK, no needlework or craft
stores in this county, that wasn't an option.

Old July 20th 05, 11:13 PM
Joan E.

Brenda Lewis wrote:

THANK YOU! I called our county extension office and they do have them.

You're welcome, and good luck at the fair!

Joan

Old July 22nd 05, 08:29 PM
Darla

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:14:03 GMT, Brenda Lewis
wrote:

Someday I'm gonna figure out how to enter the county fair. This is the
third year in a row I've requested a premium book and haven't had any
luck receiving one.

LA County's premium book (sounds like a dog-show term! LOL) has been
online for a couple of years. This year Orange County had theirs
online. Both are .pdf files, and I can choose to print only those
pages I need.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Picture Trail Gallery: www.picturetrail.com User Name: Condorita