Traveling with Projects

Old February 21st 05, 01:26 PM
Sara Pitts

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Brenda wrote:

I can't stitch or read (other than brief glimpses at a roadmap) in the
car since it makes me carsick. :-(

I thought I was the only grownup in the world like that! It's
comforting to know I'm not the only one. :-) But I do know what a pain
that can be (pardon the pun).
Dianne

Heavens no, you're not the only one! I can't read a map or anything
else while the car is moving. And if I have to turn around to help DS
with something in the back seat I immediately feel sick. If I can't
avoid riding in the back seat I have to be in the middle so I can look
out the front window. Looking out the sides will also make me sick.
When I used to commute by bus I'd get nauseated almost every day. And
you can guess that I don't do amusement park rides!

Sara
Old February 21st 05, 02:49 PM
Brenda

In my case I didn't have this particular problem before I had LASIK. I
figure it is just one of those odd adjustments my brain can't make and
don't worry too much about it. Before the procedure when I looked down
to read or stitch the only clear field of vision was whatever was
directly in front of me and down. Stuff passing off to the side or
straight ahead was a blur since I would have been looking around or over
my glasses to see in those directions. Now things are clear all the way
around so I actually have more sense of motion. I think the reason I
can read a map in the car is because I can unfold it enough to block out
my view of movement--particularly the view out the side window.

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Have you ever been checked for Meniere's Syndrome or other inner ear
problems?

A friend developed a form of Meniere's after a nasty viral inner ear
infection. She was always prone to getting air/car sick before and it got
much worse before the doctors figured it out.

--
Brenda
Old February 21st 05, 05:15 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Interesting! the brain and its connections - an endless source of
wonderment.
Cheryl

Old February 21st 05, 05:34 PM
Kim McAnnally

Ooh, you can get the neatest lights in the auto department at Wal-Mart! My
nephew and niece have one and I got one for DS for his birthday. They are
less than $7 and they clip to the seatbelt! You can rotate them around a bit
from what I understand (I haven't fooled with his except to clip it to his
seatbelt). They have a "low" and a "high" setting and run on batteries (AAA
IIRC). You might want to try one of those for more light in the car
Kim
--
New! Wearable Stitching Accessories
www.kims-stitchingshop.com/Jewelry.htm

New Pincushions and Scissors Stations!
www.kims-stitchingshop.com/Pincushions.htm

"Maureen Miller" wrote in message
I always take knitting or crochet 'cause my old eyes just can't see to
stitch without my Boom type light. ) My light is one of those old
metal swing-arm types with an 8 inch florescent ring light in it.
There's just no place to clamp it except the steering wheel, and DH gets
really up-tight if I tell him to hold the wheel straight while I count
stitches. )

Maureen
Kim McAnnally wrote:
Ok, so what kinds of projects have you taken when you travel? I'm

planning
on taking a Floba Shoulder Bag and the pattern to stitch a Cat and maybe
some beaded flowers or a dragonfly on it too. Can't make up my mind what

bead, but I must add beads! LOL
Kim

--
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/maureen48

Old February 22nd 05, 02:15 AM

If I'm in the midst of a project and have a lot of boring one color
area to fill, I save that for the trip. Only one color to schlep and
easy to just work on in the hotel at night and not have to deal with a
chart etc.

January Finished Projects Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 29 February 7th 05 10:21 PM
UFOs/WIPs and other projects Pati Cook Quilting 41 January 18th 05 06:36 PM
Unfinished projects -> finished projects Elsa Yarn 2 December 22nd 03 06:02 PM
Easy Projects Mpchet Pottery 6 December 13th 03 03:11 PM
A post in Nora's absence: regarding recent project(s) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 August 16th 03 05:22 PM