OT - Story: My child hating reputation

Old May 14th 04, 04:39 AM
starlia

I hate going to the mall in the summer. Most parents just drop their kids
off for the mall to babysit. What the hell? You have running and rude kids
everywhere and NO parents in site. I've seen them very young in a group by
themselves. My daughters have never been allowed to do this.

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message Yeah -- and the
parents let the kids run AROUND all over the place. I
understand, of course I do! Let the restaurant babysit the kids while

mommy
and daddy have a nice dinner! :-P I want to kill the little ****ers. I

mean
cheeldren.

I once grabbed a kid's arm who was racing around and around a restaurant.

said, "Cut it OUT." (The kid quit.) My (ex)husband went pale, and said

never
to touch someone else's kid -- you can get sued. I didn't care because

I'd
recognized his mom --- someone I'd gone to high school with 20 years

earlier.
She could kiss my sweet Ukrainian ass.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 14th 04, 05:10 AM
Candace

When people asked us "when we were going to have another child," Bob usually
responded: "Kath, get over here. These people want us to f*ck on their
carpet!"

ha! hahahahahahahaha! Love it!

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 14th 04, 05:40 AM
Carla

I used to hear it *lots* back when I was still breedable g. "What
would happen to the world if more women felt like you? If they just
decided they didn't *want* kids, huh?" I'd answer with stuff like,
"There'd be a lot fewer idiots in traffic."

Lessee...I was also called a race traitor ("It's your *duty* as a Black
woman to be the mother of future leaders of our people!")

Eh...at my age, I don't get those kind of questions/remarks anymore g.
People want to know if I regret that I'll never have grandchildren.
(No, they'd want to touch my beads!)

Cheers,
Carla

Kalera Stratton wrote:

splort HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

cough cough cough choke

Who came up with that COMPLETELY MENTALLY DEFICIENT line of reasoning?

I'm sorry, I love kids and I'm glad I had them but that is the funniest
thing I've heard in a long time!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Carla wrote:

The "selfishness" comes from not doing our part to ensure the future
of the human race (that's what I've been told, anyway). Oh, and let's
not forget "emotionally stunted".

Cheers,
Carla (selfishly childfree g)

Kalera Stratton wrote:

I'm boggling.

What do people think is selfish about not having children? I always
thought it was the opposite!

Old May 14th 04, 06:18 AM
Christina Peterson

In my family it was my mother I worried about at Mass. I have some
indelible memories.

Like the time my mother went to speak to the nun because I was told I
couldn't have First Holy Communion with the rest of my class. My mother was
waiting for me in the car with the wonderful treat of a little bag of potato
chips, all happy for me about receiving the Sacrament for the first time
next week in my pretty white dress. I arrived crying. Mom got out told me
to wait in the car for her. But it was taking a very long time and so I
went looking for her. I wandered around trying to figure out where they
were, because they weren't in my Sunday school classroom. I heard voices
and went to listen at the door. Just then my mother burst through the door
and dragged me away. But not before I glanced in and saw that the nun had
blood trickling from her nose, and the chips were scattered across the
floor.

Another time, we had a new pastor from Ireland, who was an excellent
administrator and thought very highly of himself and his opinions. In mass
during the sermon he was demanding that we all must think that tithing was
proper and the we all must do it. All of a sudden a cry of "NOOOO" rings
out from the back of the church. I was sitting at the front of the church
with my friend Penny Molakidis while my mother had given up her seat and
stood at the back of the church to allow some one less well to sit.. I
asked Penny, "Who was that crazy person?" That's your mother, she told me.
It seems that although my mother does believe in tithing, and does give 10%
of her money to the church, she was incensed that that Priest would have the
audacity to tell he what she not only should think, but what she *did*
think.

Sometimes you have to be careful where you take your parents!

Tina

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:25:39 -0400, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

I have no problem with children in public. As long as they are as
well-behaved
as I was when I was little.

I read my original story to my mom, who commented that we went everywhere,
even when we were small. There are three of us - I'm the oldest, my

brother
is 10 months younger, and my sister is a year younger than my brother. 3
kids in 22 months.

I thought about that for a moment and told her that we were well behaved
everywhere but Mass. I knew that if we had a good time at church, there

were
going to be spankings for all when we got home. She agreed that keeping

us
under control at Mass was the most difficult part of her week. I can only
imagine - going to a Mass in Latin with three little ones probably wasn't

the
soothing, spiritual experience it's supposed to be.

I was also informed that I was the instigator of all church related
misbehavior, which doesn't surprise me in the least. I seem to recall
swinging my rosary like a lariat over my head and accidentally letting go.
It hit some guy in the head, if I recall correctly. Definitely some

spankings
associated with that Mass.

Fortunately, there are family Masses now and we all go together - my Mom

had
to handle us three all alone, because Dad didn't do Mass. Still, you see
some amusing behavior now and again - one little boy dropped his pants to
scratch his butt during a long prayer, and there always seem to be

scuffles
between the "sheep" and "shepherds" at the Christmas children's service.
"Mary" was dragging the baby Jesus doll by its head last year.

I'm still the instigator of bad behavior in our family, because I can't

keep
myself from laughing. The more I try to restrain myself, the worse it

gets.
Bob and DD are always appalled at my behavior, and they both give me the

same
lectu "Can't you behave for one hour a week?"

Apparently not.

Kathy N-V

Old May 14th 04, 02:05 PM
Candace

]"Mary" was dragging the baby Jesus doll by its head last year.

oh, gods, does that bring back memories!
the year Johnny was "Joseph" they still talk about. because the
Sunday School teacher told him he was the baby's daddy. so instead of
kneeling there quietly by the manger, he rocked it. and he kept
adjusting the covers. and just 'fussing' over that doll. i've never
seen so many people trying to hard not to laugh out loud - the ones
that didn't have tears.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]

aaaawwwwwwww! That is So cute! Sounds like someone had a good picture
(perhaps good role models, hhhmm? *s*) of how a parent acts with a baby.

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 14th 04, 05:09 PM
Kalera Stratton

That's terrifying! They leave their children alone in a mall? What the...?

That's negligent.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 14th 04, 05:15 PM
Kalera Stratton

Oh. My. God.

I would have responded that "it's my duty as a Black woman to ram this
chair leg up your butt, you moron!"

I like your answer about there being fewer idiots in traffic! I love
those totally moronic "what ifs". "What if more women felt like you?" is
right up there with "What if there was an angry unicorn on the dark side
of the moon?"

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 14th 04, 06:13 PM
Karen_AZ

I think that depends on the age of the girls and the "quality" of the mall.
My daughter and her pals have gone on their own for the last year (ages vary
within 6 months of 14-15). She has a cell phone in case of emergencies.
Normally they go to the mall for a half-hour, then a movie (the mall has a
$2 second-run theater), then they call me to pick them up. I'm about 10
minutes away. This is an out-in-the boonies suburban mall in a reasonable
area. Madame and her friends tend to hang out in the bookstore and the music
store. I've never heard a bad word about them and they've never told me of a
problem, other than a boy they knew lobbing milk duds at them during a
movie. I hope their lives are always that simple. G

KarenK

Old May 14th 04, 07:14 PM
Kalera Stratton

Well, 14 is a different story. A "whole nuther".

I'm starting a "parenting" file, and printing this off to stick in it
for reference in the not-too-distant future. It sounds like an
*excellent* system!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kathy N-V wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:09:56 -0400, Kalera Stratton wrote
(in message ):

That's terrifying! They leave their children alone in a mall? What the...?

That's negligent.

Depends on the age of the children. My DD is 14 and almost all of her
friends are allowed to go to the mall without parental supervision. Since I
am totally overprotective, we've worked out a different scheme:

DD, her friends and I go to the mall. At least one child needs a watch, and
I always wear a watch. I go to the food court, read and get a cup of tea,
and DD wanders off with her friends to a designated quadrant of the mall.
They all have to report back to me to go to any other part of the mall, or
every half hour, whichever comes first.

DD and I both have our cell phones in case there are problems. All the kids
get the standard warning that although they are honest, many teens are not.
Do not give a store clerk even the slightest reason to think you are going to
steal anything. But if they do, tell them that your Mom is here at the mall,
and call me, or send one of the other kids to get me immediately. I will
take care of it. Do not say anything to store security or a police officer
until I arrive. God help you if you really were stealing.

We've done this more times than I can count in the past two years, and have
never had even one problem. We also have variants for the movies (I won't
watch what they like), museums and various other attractions. I've known all
the kids forever, and they know that (1) any inter-child fighting means that
the activity is over immediately, (2) any misbehavior that causes a person in
charge to want to speak with me results in both the activity ending
immediately and all kids catching hell once I get them alone and (3) leaving
the other kids means that the activity ends and the offender will not be
allowed to go with us again.

We've recently added rule 4: if you run into "cute" boys (their term. I do
not find 14 year old boys attractive), you are welcome to socialize with them
at the food court only. I don't care if it's the furthest point away from me
at the food court, but it must be in my line of sight. Even if there is only
one boy, all the girls have to stay together. Even if it's true love
forever, the girls have to stay together, and cannot allow one girl to pair
off with a boy. Not even if it's Romeo and Juliet, and he has a four carat
diamond ring for the girl. Never, ever, ever.

They know the rules by heart, and recite them, punctuated by lots of
laughter. They also know that the supreme rule is "This is not a democracy.
It is Kath country - all the rules are mine to make and break, and you can
like it or lump it." (they laugh at that one, too - but they know I'm not
kidding.)

Kathy N-V

Old May 14th 04, 07:15 PM
Kalera Stratton

Well, as I said to Kathy, 14+ is another thing entirely. While
teenagers are also "children", I was picturing, like, 9-year-olds. Alone
at a mall.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
OT Story - DD's birthday Kandice Seeber Beads 0 December 12th 03 02:52 AM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM
STORY - Flag Day and Independence Day Kandice Seeber Beads 3 July 7th 03 07:04 PM