OT - Story: My child hating reputation

Old May 13th 04, 10:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

Okay, THESE people are BOOBS.

On the other hand, last time we were at Bella Fascia, a tasty family
pizza joint (by "family" I mean suitable for the whole family and
frequented by people with children, not a scary place with balloons and
people dressed as cartoon characters) a horrid (I do not use that term
lightly) hipster couple with sour expressions sat at the table next to
us. We had our six-year-old and our four-year-old plus the baby, so we
sat in the one corner of the restaurant that had no other occupants. Of
course, the kids were talking at the top of their lungs, telling me
stories, asking where their pizza was, and the baby was making periodic
chortles of joy that put one in mind of large tropical
birds. The
hipsters wasted no time in scowling in our direction and whispering to
each other, obviously thinking we shouldn't have brought our awful
little brats out in public, let alone to a restaurant. Eventually, they
huffily pouted off to another table... only to be confronted with
ANOTHER FAMILY FULL OF KIDS! OH NO! They finished their dinner rather
quickly and left with a final glare for the entire restaurant, which by
then was full of happy, noisy pizza-eating children.

Hopefully, they will think twice about attending a restaurant with the
words "Family Restaurant" displayed proudly in the front window.

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 13th 04, 10:34 PM
Dr. Sooz

The "selfishness" comes from not doing our part to ensure the future of
the human race (that's what I've been told, anyway).

Haw haw haw! What's so unique and wondrous about humans? We use up everything
on the planet and kill each other. Blehh! What a toxin!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 13th 04, 10:35 PM
Dr. Sooz

No one *dares* tell me I went without giving birth because I'm "selfish". I
will then tell them the horrible story of how ruined I was to be found sterile
at age 19 -- with details of the surgery and recovery. Hope they feel like
heels.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 13th 04, 10:36 PM
Dr. Sooz

GO LINDSEY! ! !

Don't forget "angry." Women are never supposed to get angry, even
when treated like ****. Typically used to try to silence those who
are protesting an unjust situation. For instance, I'm not supposed to
get angry at my brother for being a verbally and physically abusive
asshole who's harrassed me most of his life. This attitude still
persists, but they don't bring it up as much after I made it clear
that I believe killing in self defense is a fine and dandy idea.
Anger can be a very useful thing.

Lindsey

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 13th 04, 10:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

I do remember the time there were people talking loudly behind me in a movie
theatre. After dirty looks, etc, I finally turned around and asked them to
talk a little louder because there were parts of their conversations I
couldn't hear. It worked, by the way.

My dad once took out his badge to deal with some people who just wouldn't shut
up in a movie theater. I LOVED it! (He was a SF police dude for 30 years)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 13th 04, 11:29 PM
Dr. Sooz

Despite my reputation, I adore kids, and they seem to like me. But there's
no way in Hell I'd have taken a child to Las Vegas, much less to a
$100/ticket evening performance of Circque de Soliel. Not even my kid, and
she's 14. (We like watching Circque de Soliel on TV, though)

Kathy -- your daughter is about 12 years older than this tyke, too. I felt bad
for her -- I could see the nightmares for years to come. And for what? It was
stupid.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 13th 04, 11:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

Besides, Helen C has generously taken up the slack for me and you, too Sooz.
Between the three of us, there are 7 children: 2-1/3 apiece, which is just
about replacement rate.

Right, Kathy! :-)

Besides, when I was born there were about 2 billion people on the planet. Now
there are more than 6 billion. I don't think anyone needs me to get pregnant,
do you?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 14th 04, 01:42 AM
Kalera Stratton

This is awesome... and proof that parents who talk to their children
have children who listen!

I tell my children all the time that if they act badly in public, people
will think I'm a terrible mother. They do respond to this; even at their
tender ages, they don't want to bring shame upon the family.

Now, when I tell them they need to settle down, Juliet and Sam will
chime in, "Or people will think you're a bad mom, and that you beat us,
and that you don't feed us good food, and you don't teach us how to
behave, and you don't brush our teeth or give us baths..." they like to
add more things as they think of them, so they have quite the litany of
ways I'd neglect them if I was a bad mother.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Ellen Winnie wrote:

I am the oldest of 10 children, and we were always expected to be on the
very best behavior in public. My parents explained that most people
expected the children in a large family to be poor, dirty and
ill-behaved.

We *didn't* have money, but they did teach us self-respect and pride.
Plus, if we dared to misbehave in *any* manner in public, when we got
home, we got one punishment for what ever we had done, and a second for
doing it in public.

Once, when I was about 18, we saved up enough to take the entire family
out to dinner at an inexpensive resturant - we had never all been out
together. When we went to pay, there was no bill. Some other guest at
the resturant was so impressed with our behavior - even the youngest who
was only about 4, that he had paid our entire bill.

I have never forgotten that. When I am in a public place and there is a
family with well behaved children, I make a point to complement the
parents. I got a good laugh one time, as I walked away, I heard the Mom
tell her kids "see - I told you people notice!"

Ellen

Old May 14th 04, 01:50 AM
Kalera Stratton

I never fail to be amazed and impressed by the power of The Scary Lady!
I like to be The Scary Lady from time to time... looking sternly over
the top of my glasses and barking "HEY! SETLLE DOWN!" has the power to
calm and intimidate even hardened little hoodlums. Their parents, if
present, usually shoot me nasty looks, but that's their problem for not
making their kids behave in the first place.

Sometimes I accidentally do it to adults. It works on them too. Have you
ever accidentally said, in That Voice, "HEY NOW, is that *appropriate*?"
to an adult ten years your senior? Once the words are out of your mouth,
your options are to be embarrassed, or to run with it. I chose run with it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Oddly, it seems like many other parents don't see the point
of doing this, and take their small children to fancy restaurants, where
the little tkes feel free to rampage. How sweet!

Yeah -- and the parents let the kids run AROUND all over the place. I
understand, of course I do! Let the restaurant babysit the kids while mommy
and daddy have a nice dinner! :-P I want to kill the little ****ers. I mean
cheeldren.

I once grabbed a kid's arm who was racing around and around a restaurant. I
said, "Cut it OUT." (The kid quit.) My (ex)husband went pale, and said never
to touch someone else's kid -- you can get sued. I didn't care because I'd
recognized his mom --- someone I'd gone to high school with 20 years earlier.
She could kiss my sweet Ukrainian ass.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 14th 04, 02:15 AM
Kalera Stratton

yeah, me and Mox were chuckling at each other the whole time. Puh-leese!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Okay, THESE people are BOOBS.

Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
OT Story - DD's birthday Kandice Seeber Beads 0 December 12th 03 02:52 AM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM
STORY - Flag Day and Independence Day Kandice Seeber Beads 3 July 7th 03 07:04 PM