O.T. Sarah Jane Burningham

Old October 21st 03, 03:05 PM
Cher

Default O.T. Sarah Jane Burningham

Hi all here is a message to all of you who remember her..
Enjoy...
cheers.....Cher

SNIP

To all my friends at RCTY

It seems a really long time since I've visited RCTY but I wanted you to know
that not a day goes by when I don't think of you all. I am still as fond of
my knitting and crocheting as ever, but that is something that is now sadly
relegated to Saturday afternoons and one evening a week. Mostly these days
I continue with my crocheted blankets and knitted cardigans for SCBU
(special care baby unit).

Every day is one mad rush in the Burningham household, but David and I still
find a lot of time for laughter. At 14 years old David is already at
college studying for A Levels and he continues to have his passion for the
piano, taking his Grade 7 exam next month. Sadly he put his Clarinet down
just before Christmas last year and hasn't picked it up since. It is there,
waiting for him like an old friend, when he changes his mind.

We've moved house yet again. After all the work I did on my last home I
found that it was just too small and that I wasn't really settled, so I sold
up in April and rented for a few months. Moved into my current home in
July, having decorated most of it beforehand - less upheaval that way.

I've spent 6 months under the hospital again, but am delighted to say that I
escaped from their clutches again 3 weeks ago. As I expected there is
nothing more that can be done for my lumbar, neck and double knee injuries
and I am happiest managing them myself. I spend 2 hours a day every day at
the gym and in addition either swim, ride or do a Pilates or yoga class for
an hour a day as well. Gradually getting back into playing table tennis
with David and working hard on strengthening a collapsed muscle in my back.
Never thought I'd ride again, I limit myself to once a week and was
delighted to find that my son shares my passion for horses.

Other than that I am currently doing a web page design course at college, so
hopefully I'll be proudly displaying this years projects soon. Must dash
again now I'm afraid as I have a date with a spinergy class at the gym.
Take good care of yourselves and I hope that I find you all happy and in the
best of health.

Love Sarah-Jane
SNIP

---

Old October 21st 03, 04:42 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Cher,

Thanks for posting the note from Sarah Jane, glad she is doing all right.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 21st 03, 06:00 PM
Cher

She says she is intouch with you still, and Noreen too of course. Her and I
have always emailed or phoned each other so of course I've kept up with her.

I think she is a smashing crafter, animal lover and mother, to say nothing
of being such a great friend...

Cheers....Cher

Old October 21st 03, 07:01 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Hi all here is a message to all of you who remember her..
Enjoy...
cheers.....Cher

To all my friends at RCTY

snip snip

Cher give Sarah Jane a big hug and thank her for her nice note, I am
impressed with all her working out she is doing.. Good for her.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old October 21st 03, 08:39 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Cher,
Thanks SO much for posting a message from Sarah Jane!
Yes, you, Nora and I have been in contact, but others have missed her too.
She writes beautifully too!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old October 22nd 03, 09:45 AM
Cher

She is such a little work horse isn't she... and she doesn't half do some
lovely work, and nearly all of it for charity or give aways..

I will forward all your notes to her...she will be pleased.

Cheers......Cher

Old October 22nd 03, 09:50 AM
Cher

She has a lovely way about her which I simply adore in her. She is a hard
worker.
Over the year when I had a problem, (my mum) she was my 'main stay' there,
when I needed her. I'd like to think I may be able to repay this to her at
some time, in some sort of a way.

Yes she does write beautifully, I love reading her weekly updates.
Receiving pictures of projects or whatever. I really like her.

Cheers......cher