Hardwick Hall

Old August 25th 04, 01:04 PM
BDS2pds

Default Hardwick Hall

I want to clarify the last post. The way the hoop is designed came out of that
collection.... not the actual hoop mind you !
Old August 25th 04, 04:02 PM
Shirley Shone

I live about 3 miles from Hardwick Hall.
Have not been in for a while, it is a bit pricey to get in.
Shirley

In message , BDS2pds
writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old August 25th 04, 04:40 PM
BDS2pds

you lucky duck Shirley. Remember years ago when you and I managed to eek DMC
patterns out of that company? I am pretty sure it was us.
Do they sell that book there?
Old August 25th 04, 06:33 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Oh my goodness. Must be Karma. I was going to log into RCTN at my
usual 5 pm jaunt and post a subject: Attention: Shirley Shone and
Julie Baldwin!!

I lost my hard drive - all the wonderful pics of colored Schwalm you
sent me that I wanted to put on my site, and the "Challenge" piece you did.

If you can resend a few of them, particularly the "challenge", I'm
forever in your debt.

Dianne

Old August 25th 04, 06:54 PM
Shirley Shone

In message , BDS2pds
writes
you lucky duck Shirley. Remember years ago when you and I managed to eek DMC
patterns out of that company? I am pretty sure it was us.
Do they sell that book there?

I do not know but I bet it can be got in Chesterfield book shop.
Yes I remember the patterns slightly.
Memories play tricks as we get older. I am still fighting health
problems.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone
Old August 28th 04, 01:13 AM
Pat EAXStitch

Hardwick Hall, more glass than wall - GORGEOUS place, isn`t it? Years since
I`ve been there and I`d love to go back. Even better IMO is Haddon Hall,
though.

Have they finished restoring Bolsover? (That shows you how long it is since
I`ve been!) I remember the indoor riding school, but I don`t think that
much of the rest of the place was open - beautiful terraces, though.

Pat P

news

Old August 28th 04, 06:39 AM
Shirley Shone

Yes Bolsover Castle has been restored. National heritage took it over.
Marriages can take place there now.
Also a lot of other events. Re-enactments, a food fair, open air opera
and not forgetting fireworks in November.

It is usually open open day a year free of charge to go in.

They have a very good cafe and shop there.

The terraces have been rebuilt and a lot of trees were cut down around
it.

We have not been to Haddon Hall, we keep saying we will go but it will
soon be too late this year. It closes soon for winter.

Saving up to splash out on our Golden Wedding in November.
Shirley

In message , Pat EAXStitch
writes

Old August 28th 04, 09:37 AM
Pat EAXStitch

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Yes Bolsover Castle has been restored. National heritage took it over.
Marriages can take place there now.
Also a lot of other events. Re-enactments, a food fair, open air opera
and not forgetting fireworks in November.

It is usually open open day a year free of charge to go in.

They have a very good cafe and shop there.

The terraces have been rebuilt and a lot of trees were cut down around
it.

We have not been to Haddon Hall, we keep saying we will go but it will
soon be too late this year. It closes soon for winter.

Saving up to splash out on our Golden Wedding in November.
Shirley

Oh you MUST go to Haddon Hall, Shirley - The Long Gallery in there is
beautiful, and it`s all somehow less museum-like than many of the Stately
homes - or at least it was when we went. Such wonderful gardens, too - and
of course, it`s older than Hardwick.

Congratulations on your Golden Wedding in November - it`s ours in January.
Looks like we both opted for a pretty grotty time of year to get wed!

Pat P

Old August 28th 04, 11:43 AM
Shirley Shone

Thanks Pat.

Did not have much choice in the wedding date. DH was in the Royal Navy.
He rang me up on the Monday night and said he was coming home on his
embarkation leave. He said he was going to Malta for 2.1/2 years. A long
time for us to be apart.
So he said if we married he could take me with him. He came home on the
Wednesday, we saw the Archdeacon at Chesterfield Crooked Spire church
and he gave us a special license. We were married on the Saturday at our
local Parish Church. The same church mum and dad got married in. My
wedding ring was identical to my mum's.
Steve left a few days later and I joined him a bit later.
Shirley

In message , Pat EAXStitch
writes

Old August 28th 04, 12:35 PM
BDS2pds

I am plenty home sick to see England again.