How do you store your charts and/or kits?

Old July 26th 03, 03:50 PM
aeromom

Default How do you store your charts and/or kits?

How do you store your charts and kits? Big box, file drawer, basket, what?
I think my collection (Yes, I plan to stitch each and everyone of
them-someday...) is getting out of hand. Just wanted some imput from folks
here on how to organize this stuff.
aeromom

Old July 26th 03, 03:51 PM
aeromom

"aeromom" wrote in message
How do you store your charts and kits? Big box, file drawer, basket, what?
I think my collection (Yes, I plan to stitch each and everyone of
them-someday...) is getting out of hand. Just wanted some imput from folks
here on how to organize this stuff.
aeromom

Meant 'input'....it is early here in Texas....

Old July 26th 03, 04:09 PM
Gina Beirne

One of these years we will have a bigger house with a craft room just for
me--for my stitching, my knitting, and my scrapbooking. Until now, I have
stuff everywhere!

I have piles of charts, magazines, and kits in and on top of the cedar chest
in my dining room. I have my DMC and other fibers in plastic organizer boxes
inside my Longaberger picnic basket (also in the dining room).

I have a basket of yarn in the dining room also. My scrapbooking stuff right
now is in what used to be the computer room (the computer is now located in
the kitchen, and I'm finding that I like it here!) but will soon become the
baby's room. Must find a place for it... Argh! So much to do before he
arrives!

Gina Beirne

Old July 26th 03, 04:21 PM
aeromom

You sound very organized.
Magazine holders would be perfect for what I have right now.
I don't have 1,300 charts and kits yet! Wow! Realistically I will probably
never finish all the charts I have but I enjoy collecting them.
aeromom

"s.whitley" wrote in message
. net...
Mine are in magazine holders with either the subject or the designer on

the
front. If I like a designer, then I generally have enough of their

designs
to give them a holder of their own. If not, then by subject (cats, dogs,
flowers etc.). I also keep a data base with the designer, title, subject
and if I have stitched them and for who.

My kits are also in similar holders or in plastic stacking drawers for

easy
access.

I thought my collection of charts was out of hand, but my friend has well
over 3,000 charts and kits, so I feel like a novice compared to her with

my
1,300 plus.

And no I have no plans to stitch all of them, but I would like to at least
get the kits done at some point.

Sandra

Old July 26th 03, 04:24 PM
Lisa Hurley

I am a chart-aholic myself and if my DH knew just how valuable all those
charts were, he'd probably have heart-failure................. :-) I found
a lovely 2 drawer oak file cabinet -- I think they call it "lateral" style
when the drawers are longer, as apposed to the usual vertical office-type
files?? I keep all my precious patterns in there, some filed by designer,
some filed by content. Keep watching at yard sales and whatnot and you
might find a file cabinet that would work for you, if this idea appeals to
you.

Lisa H
Montana

Old July 26th 03, 04:27 PM
aeromom

When is your baby due? That is truly the ultimate UFO! Your first baby?
I have a little framed picture of a bunny lady surrounded by her crafts and
the message on it reads"Creative Clutter is Better Than Idle Neatness!" I
would just like to get my stuff a little more organized than I have it right
now. I forget where things are. Advancing age and all.
aeromom

Old July 26th 03, 04:36 PM
aeromom

I like the idea of a wooden file cabinet, especially lateral since it would
fit up against the wall. That would be easy to update and keep straight.
Being an old secretary it would make sense for me to use that. Thanks.
aeromom

Old July 26th 03, 04:52 PM
aeromom

Our kids were all 5 years apart. So I know what you mean.
My niece just had a baby and named him Liam Thomas. Isn't that a great first
and middle name combination? Good luck to you. Are you stitching a birth
announcement?
aeromom

"Gina Beirne" wrote in message
The baby is due 09/24. This is my second baby. My daughter is 6 so it

might
as well be my first! It's been so long since she was a baby! At least I

know
this UFO will be finished sooner or later--preferably sooner!

I have so much to do to get ready for him. And he still needs a name!

Gina B.

Old July 26th 03, 05:01 PM
emerald

"aeromom" wrote in message
How do you store your charts and kits? Big box, file drawer, basket, what?

They're in (Staples) plastic file boxes in file folders. That way they're
portable and dust free. I try to store them according to subject matter or
designer, but I do have one labelled Miscellaneous!

emerald

Old July 26th 03, 05:05 PM
aeromom

Great idea! Miscellaneous rules!
aeromom

"emerald" wrote in message
news

"aeromom" wrote in message
How do you store your charts and kits? Big box, file drawer, basket,

what?

They're in (Staples) plastic file boxes in file folders. That way they're
portable and dust free. I try to store them according to subject matter or
designer, but I do have one labelled Miscellaneous!

emerald

AD: My new Online Store is up!! E J Ralph Beads 10 November 7th 04 05:03 PM
AD: eBay store is restocked! Mj Beads 11 February 16th 04 02:43 AM
AD ~ Grand eBay Store reopening!! Mj Beads 0 January 7th 04 09:34 PM
AD ~ New stuff in the store - including HILLTRIBE SILVER PENDANTS!! Mj Beads 4 August 18th 03 09:46 PM