Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

Old January 2nd 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

On Jan 1, 7:18�am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
Keep the sewing room tidy!

I have a MAJOR clear-up exercise to do in there... �Machines and fabric
and threads and bits all over the place, careful footwork needed to
negotiate the bosticle course that is the 'floor', and homes to find for
new toys. �When it's all pretty and you can really see that there is a
bed and a chair in there besides the heap, I must try to keep it that way....

It won't be easy. �I have no illusions about this.

So a joyous New Year to all, and good luck with your plans, however
small and local they may be!
--
Kate �XXXXXX �R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Ooo--great minds think alike. But my problem is, I don't really know
*how* to organize or where to
start. I need ideas, or a book, or a ruthless friend to come over :-)
It was pretty shabby in here, so I did get DH to paint the walls
yesterday. He drug everything
out into the middle of the floor. So now I am pretty much forced to at
least look at it and deal
with it somehow. I get tired just thinkinga bout it.
Sherry
Old January 3rd 09, 11:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Sherry wrote:
On Jan 1, 7:18�am, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
[...]

There's no way I can paint my walls without serious hard work for
several days first. It wouls mean removing about 2000 books from the
shelves and removing the shelves, removing the stuff UNDER the benches
and then the benches, as well as all the other sewing stuff and the bed...

Luckily, when everything is ON the shelves or put away, you can't see if
the walls are looking a bit dingy. Books always look good, after all.
At the moment there are lots if books not on the shelves, but I can't
actually REACH the shelves to put them away!

Old January 3rd 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Very Dufficult New Year Resolution: UPDATE!

So far I have found homes fo and put away:

Brother 1034D Serger (I had both sergers up with different thread
colours before Christmas. Yes, it got that hectic!)
Featherweight sewing machine*
Lotus ZZ sewing machine*
Lotus TSP sewing machine*
Bernina 1005 sewing machine*
Viscount 2000 sewing machine*
Singer 360 sewing machine*
Frister & Rossmann Cub 4 sewing machine*
LOTS OF GINGLY BELLS! These are for sewing on Christmas Stockings, and
are in lots of different sizes. I found suitable plastic boxes and put
them away on my shelves.

I've also found a home for the Bernina eyelet kit and the foot James
gave me for Christmas. I need to put the Bernina roller foot in 'Nina's
case...

I've hoovered the bits of floor that the sewing machines stand on! OK,
it's only about a squate yard of carpet altogether, but I did at least
FIND it and get it hoovered before covering it up again! It's a
minor marvel that I gotthe Dyson in the room at all at this point!

I seem to have mislaid a box of scissors... They DID come home from
school, so they have to be somewhere... Anyone seen a footy boot
shoebox with a couple of dozen pairs of scissors and thread clippers and
quick-unpicks in it? If so, send it home, please!

*These all went to school. The Stella is still on the bench downstairs,
but also needs putting away as it is now working perfectly after
sergery. Pix of operation to follow soon. Samples of sewing as well...

The sun is shining brightly, and the sewing room is very warm. I must
see if the council will allow us to put solar panels on the front roof,
as I'm sure we could half our lecky bill if we did! And with everyone
fussing about Going Green and saving dosh, they might be sympathetic.
One may dream, after all.
Old January 3rd 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Good for you! If you have stuff you can't find a home for, let me
know.
Roberta in D

Old January 3rd 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Go with the ruthless friend! The key to easy organization is always
LESS Stuff!
Roberta in D

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:58:11 -0800 (PST), Sherry

Old January 3rd 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Roberta wrote:
Go with the ruthless friend! The key to easy organization is always
LESS Stuff!
Roberta in D

I do Ruthless in some areas very well indeed. In fact, there is very
little dross in this room, given that I have 20 sewing machines, all but
three of which get used fairly frequently, especially when I'm teaching.
And I do sew professionally as well... This is also why I have so
much equipment and stores of things like thread and elastic and zips and
stuff. When you make costumes, outdoor gear, traditional tailoring and
beaded clothing as well as quilting and teaching in places where you
have to take everything like machines, irons and even extension cables
with you, it gets bulky!

Old January 5th 09, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Very Dufficult New Year Resolution: UPDATE ii

I found the box of scissors. 1 small pair AWOL I probably failed to
pack them up and they'll be lurking in the Small Teaching Room.

I have found homes for 'Nina's new bling!

There is more carpet...

AND more bench downstairs!

Old January 6th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
anthony

Good luck. I'll send you lots of positive energy. You CAN do this...

My resolutions are to gain eight, exercise less, and get deeper in debt;
I'm a realist. ~)

anthony in Clearwater

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Keep the sewing room tidy!

I have a MAJOR clear-up exercise to do in there... Machines and fabric
and threads and bits all over the place, careful footwork needed to
negotiate the bosticle course that is the 'floor', and homes to find for
new toys. When it's all pretty and you can really see that there is a
bed and a chair in there besides the heap, I must try to keep it that
way...

It won't be easy. I have no illusions about this.

So a joyous New Year to all, and good luck with your plans, however
small and local they may be!

--

Regards,
anthony
Old January 6th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ah me, dear Anthony. I can help. This past year's goal was to learn to
bake bread. I certainly have. I spent my first hundred years of life
stuffing rocks in my pockets if there was a tall wind so I wouldn't blow
away.
If you really want to achieve your goal of gaining weight, fresh
home-baked bread will do the deed. There's a hefty amount of exercise
involved though - kneading is also big fun and great for anger management.
You'll have to weigh ( ! ) the effect on your resolutions. Polly

"anthony" wrote Good luck. I'll send you lots of positive energy. You
CAN do this...

My resolutions are to gain weight, exercise less, and get deeper in debt;
I'm a realist. ~)