WIP photos posted

Old May 29th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default WIP photos posted

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetexsun/?saved=1 I decided that if I
wait until these projects are totally finished it will be months
before I let anybody see them. But I could use feedback on a couple.
Anybody? What do you think?

Sunny
Old May 29th 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On May 28, 8:22*pm, Sunny wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetexsun/?saved=1*I decided that if I
wait until these projects are totally finished it will be months
before I let anybody see them. But I could use feedback on a couple.
Anybody? What do you think?

Sunny

i love the color choices. Your work is so eclectic and modern. it
seems very
normal compared to your other works, i like the funky stuff. the
clouds remind me of
you.
like you said, a WIP. i bet it will be gorgeous when you've finished
it.
amy in CNY
Old May 29th 10, 09:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

I just love the face, Very cute and looks like she has a secret!!
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old May 29th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I looooove the Jester! Makes me smile.
The Anasazi ruins one is very interesting, but I feel something is
missing. Maybe right and left panels with profiles of the people who
apparently disappeared? Some spirits to haunt the place? You do such
great faces...
Roberta in D

Old May 29th 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

The Tree of Life of yours makes me smile. I think it's the attitude of the
tree. Try something for me. Cover it with something like clear plastic
wrap ( in case we change 'our' minds) and toy with adding a squirrel sitting
on the grass over on the right to balance out the 'weight' of the bright
flowers. Your talent with drawing should make such a consideration easy. It
seems like my Tree had a squirrel (decades ago) and, of course, yours would
need an original sort of presence. Did I make any sense at all? Polly

"Roberta" I looooove the Jester! Makes me smile.

Old May 29th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Organza overlay of the Anazazi ruins with images of the souls who
inhabited the structures? that way it would be opaque and sort of
nebulous.

Ginger in CA

Old May 29th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Ooooh you guys are good. Polly, the tree is not yet inhabited, but
several critters are headed for branches. And a squirrel has to be one
of them. Ginger and Roberta, you're both right on track. It's why the
piece is still unfinished. Something just isn't right. Ginger, I love
the idea of a gauzy piece of organza over the whole, stitched in some
way. I do not know how to represent souls of the lost Anasazi, but
I'll figure it out.

Thanks, t hanks for the observations and encouragement. And for the
suggestions I am most grateful. It's why I put the link up.

Keep 'em coming,
Sunny
Old May 29th 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Sunny,
Your style and technique are fun and unique!
Thanks for the peek at your work.
Pat

New Photos Posted Tia Mary Quilting 4 April 29th 09 08:03 PM
Photos Posted Tia Mary Needlework 8 November 3rd 08 05:06 PM
Photos posted Sunny[_2_] Quilting 2 March 2nd 08 02:49 AM
New photos posted nana2b Quilting 7 June 22nd 04 12:50 AM
some photos are posted CNYstitcher Quilting 8 September 3rd 03 12:35 AM